Cladding for garden shed

csservices

New plan, its now going on the one larger flat area in the garden that was my veg patch, will still give me 12 x 8 and I reckon if I cut the neighbours leyllandi back to the boundary like I did with the greenhouse, I can have a 12 x 2 alcove at the back stepped up over the low retaining wall, which will give a load extra storage space, if theres anyone near to belper, who would like to qoute me for some larch or douglas boards for the cladding I would appreciate, thanks Ed

Sent from my E5823 using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New plan, its now going on the one larger flat area in the garden that was my veg patch, will still give me 12 x 8 and I reckon if I cut the neighbours leyllandi back to the boundary like I did with the greenhouse, I can have a 12 x 2 alcove at the back stepped up over the low retaining wall, which will give a load extra storage space, if theres anyone near to belper, who would like to qoute me for some larch or douglas boards for the cladding I would appreciate, thanks Ed

A little off topic I know but please be aware that any tools stored in a structure made of mostly flammable materials more than likely won't be insured so it'll be fine for a few garden bits but a bit of a no go for saws or anything expensive

A little off topic I know but please be aware that any tools stored in a structure made of mostly flammable materials more than likely won't be insured so it'll be fine for a few garden bits but a bit of a no go for saws or anything expensive

How do farmers that are storing hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of machinery in wooden barns get on?

Hope you get it sorted :001_smile:

Just don,t neglect or overlook the security aspects .

Sheds in general are not secure[emoji106]

warm regards Paul .

Cheers Paul, I know the wirksworth at the farms been done twice in the last 15 years now got reinforced door, 4 padlocks and cctv and I still dont really trust leaving anything in it.

I built my 'Man Cave' using a framework of treated 3x2" on a raised concrete base. I built the frame first, then stapled a 'Vapour barrier' on which is effectively green polythene form screwfix! The outside was then panelled with shiplap timber treated with cuprinol. I then filled the inside of the sides with cavity wall 50mm insulation and the roof with celotex. I lined the inside with 6mm plywood and painted it. A butyl rubber roof kit cost about £200. Upvc windows and doors from ebay, old reclaimed kitchen units and worktops, full electrics and it's more like a chalet that you could live in!

SG