DdRT Injuries

RC0

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a neck loop. You are correct Mark in what you say about getting yourself upright. I am 6ft4 and had to try several combinations of knots and stiff tethers before finding a solution that worked for me. I also use the HAAS and must say that the CMI ascender is far superior to my old petzl. Although I mentioned previously I am climbing on Bluetonge, before that I was using Kernmaster and I do find the Bluetonge better on the hands.

Thanks Matty. Yeah I Have seen the rave reviews for cougar blue on here. I understand that it is not CE rated though. Is that correct? If so how do you get on with getting through loler?

I too have had the sleepless nights with pins and needles. But that has now gone thanks to the carpel tunnel operation. You may want to check it out with your doctor.

No it's not ce marked but mine went straight through its last loler, I guess it's down to who is accessing it.

Have a chat with nod and ask his opinion ,I'm sure he can get his hands on it.

I'm petrified of docs ! I'm pretty sure it's carpel tunnel though I can feel the ligaments in my Middle fingers , I try and use the foot ascenders as much as possible as it keeps it from getting too inflamed.

I know what you mean. I hate going anywhere near doctors and hospitals are even worse, but the pain was just getting too much for me. Your doctor will just confirm whether or not he thinks it is Carpel Tunnel. My doctor just gave me a referral to the hospital and the op is done under local anaesthetic. Admittedly I had to have a few weeks behind a desk to let things heal. Its all but a distant memory now.

Anyone on here tried Inversion Therapy for back pain? We discovered it a few months ago, bought an inversion table - a Teeter - and use it every day for a few minutes. It sorted out our backs. You hang from your ankles, and the weight of your own head and upper body puts your spine under gentle traction - allowing the disks to decompress and hydrate. If you want to try it, just hang upside down in your climbing harness and ankle lock the rope, gives much the same effect but the table is way more pleasant.

I've seriously considered it but inversion boards aren't cheap and they take up some space. Coupled with that they're not recommended for those with knee issues as some of your inverted body weight is taken by the knees.

Or am I talking about an outdated version of the board?

I've seriously considered it but inversion boards aren't cheap and they take up some space. Coupled with that they're not recommended for those with knee issues as some of your inverted body weight is taken by the knees.

Or am I talking about an outdated version of the board?

No you're right on, we have the latest version. It certainly wasnt cheap, was 400 ish, and it's big. It does fold away but even when folded it's still big and it's a hassle. We found that if we put it away we just didn't use it, so it's set up 24-7 in the kitchen/living room. Sharing our space and lives with the gadget makes us use it every day - herself twice a day. We got used to its presence. My folks tried it and acquired one too. The way we look at the cost is to decide it by two, and then decide by the many thousands of sessions we are likely to get out of it, and it's heavy duty built for life. Works out at 1 cent per minute. That's cheap back protection, if it keeps us trouble free. Experiments suggest that people who invert regularly don't shrink as they age, as the disks stay plump. Good for the inner organs as well. It's true it does put a bit of a strain on the knees, but that can be fixed with a hip belt and strap to the ankle clamp, so the knees and ankles don't take any weight. We feel it benefits our knees, but maybe that's only if your knees aren't too bad in the first place, I don't know. Also, you can set the gradient so you needn't invert completely they say 60 degrees gives the same benefits. I'd try the harness thing, set up a plank against a tree at 45-60 degrees and just hang - it hurt the first time, as the disks have seldom if ever been reverse loaded. Can't recommend it enough. Plus, it makes your woman look like a cartoon character, if you know what I mean.