Best Bank?

Highland Forestry

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's difficult too avoid the overdraft if you have employees,in a tight spell they still have too be paid!

AH yes!! employees!!!

They are the other big drain on any business:thumbdown: and should also be avoided where ever possible :thumbup1:

I use HSBC. Never have any problems. I know all banks have it now but telephone and internet banking make running a business a whole lot easier than in the past. I remember having to walk to a cash point to get a print out statement that only covered the last 4 transactions.

Dave your overdraft policy is wise. As for employees being a drain on a business, it sounds a bit harsh, and I mean no disrespect to anyone I have employed in the past, but since I decided not to employ anyone, a sense of freedom and peace I forgot existed has returned.

I thought Skyhuck put it quite mildly.

This is harsh:

Employees = Leeches

:laugh1::001_rolleyes:

As for banks, they are all bastards. I curse the government for bailing them out, they and their piggy ways. Scum, the lot of them, sucking the lifeblood out of the country.

I do feel sorry for the few banks like Cooperative and a few others that were prudent, wise, did not invest in dodgy US sub prime markets, and weathered the storm. Wheres their big hand out?

Matt, stick with what you have. Changing banks can be a nightmare, and no new bank will give you any sort of overdraft.

Ditto on the overdraft sentiments.

Edited by Mr Ed

I had built up a really good relationship with my bank over the last couple of years, they were always helpful, polite, knowledgeable... I was able to borrow easily, and pay back on good terms.... the Bank of Scotland 'were' a fantastic bank for me untill everything went pear shaped about 6 months ago..

My turn over has gone up, profits are slowly creeping up and so everything on my side is working in the general direction I want it to, albeit slower than I would like..

So.. That gets me to thinking, it's the bank deciding to be greedy hard faced bastards and nothing I've done particularly wrong.

I do have an overdraft facility which is 10k - there are times when I have needed to use it but happy to say we're not in it at the moment, however, they just sent me a letter saying that from November 11th the overdraft facility will be reduced to 1k - how the hell is anyone meant to run a business with a 1k overdraft?? The wages going out every week can be in excess of 3k, and if you dont get paid promptly from a client it's easy to dip into the overdraft for a week or so.

Last year I was offered a 20k overdraft, and decided not to take it but to stick with the 10k as it was more than plenty so in a year we have gone from being able to have 20k now down to 1k - there's something drastically wrong with that somewhere!!

I totaly agree they are all pants. I went overdrawn by £3.82 and got stung with a £27 pound charge and they wont wave it Thats LLoyds for you .

These charges are in my view way unfiair and set to high for the amount into the red ..

Has anyone been able to get there unfaire bank charges back ? if so how did you do it .?

Littletree