Best Bank?

Highland Forestry

I've 2 seperate business accountants with Lloyds and they have been very good so far. Offered me a 10k overdraft to start with and no other bank would even offer half of this.

I was with Natwest before this but they are absolutely terrible and I wont be having anything to do with them again. My lloyds Agriculture business manager is always available, i have his mobile number on my phone and his office is only 15 minutes from the farm. That contact goes along way with me.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've 2 seperate business accountants with Lloyds and they have been very good so far. Offered me a 10k overdraft to start with and no other bank would even offer half of this.

I was with Natwest before this but they are absolutely terrible and I wont be having anything to do with them again. My lloyds Agriculture business manager is always available, i have his mobile number on my phone and his office is only 15 minutes from the farm. That contact goes along way with me.

lucky you,,,obviously less to do in the sticks,,,,:001_tt2:

lucky you,,,obviously less to do in the sticks,,,,:001_tt2:

ha not so sure bout that but helps that the ag division of lloyds east anglia is 15 mins from me. Also Lloyds are the only bank left in my local town, although its a tiny bank its very very handy and another reason i changed from Natwest tbh

Skyhuck; Had selected fast transfer of funds from Santander to HBoS. The money should have gone over in 2 hours. 2 days later the money is nowhere in sight.

A transfer in the opposite direction went in in less than 2 hours.

I opened a business account on the recommendation of my accountant, to make transaction accounting easier and separate from personal banking. I am praying that this isn't a sign of future hassles to come.

I want my worries to be getting my tickets, gaining experience and customers, not the added woes of banking issues too.

Im with HSBC and have had no real problems to speak of . However when we had a really good year 2 years back we went into see them for a chat about the accounts etc, the lady was charming-

She stated "its so nice to see a business that we can help , we havent had many of those lately"

I said" what do you mean?"

Bank " Well do you want to increase your borrowing etc"

I asked "would you be offering us this if we'd had a bad year and really needed help?"

Bank "No"

As stated none of them are here to help

RBS here, I have found them pretty good, I only pay 4.5%over base on my overdraft (20k facility) and I really like their internet banking. My one gripe is that despite repeated requests they seem unable to provide me with debit card that works at automated fuel pumps, even though the one I got for an employee on the same account works fine??

Iv had a buisness acc for two years with hsbc and can't see any benefits at all and now the free banking period is coming to an end im considering finishing it, don't want a penny of my hard earned going to them if i can help it. Im mostly a sole trader so i reckon il get away without one really. I can see why larger companies with full time staff would benefit from them tho.