Chilling ( Chinese Milling )

Lazurus

As a side note - we will pretty much be off ebay soon I hope - I can't cope with ebay anymore. And I mean that genuinely it has a negative impact on my life even though we used to make £ off ebay it's not worth the cost. We want to provide as close as we can to proper service - I interpret that as - we care about people, we care about our customers, we care about our suppliers and the products they work hard to produce. We try to deliver quickly and we try to put our mistakes right [and your mistakes right] quickly. But hell everything is so about 'quickly' now that it has [to be frank] made my life a misery.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

I am on the money with your 3 ripping chains and GB bar though rob for these parker saws.You think ?? Price is superb and can comment on using them all 

I can't comment on the saws but I think they are good - they are also everything that is wrong in the world ie. cheap price reliable machine but zero knowledge. I can advise you buying them practically but not spiritually ;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rob D said:

I can't comment on the saws but I think they are good - they are also everything that is wrong in the world ie. cheap price reliable machine but zero knowledge. I can advise you buying them practically but not spiritually ;)

For the money rob and a fraction of the cost for want to be millers its a no brainer,Service is fantastic by the way.Fancy a deal on the this at £100 no ebay fees

28"(71cm)GB Chainsaw Bar Parker 62cc + x3 Ripping Chains 325 058 102 d/l

Hi Rob, thanks for all of your feedback, but I've progressed a little since my last post, as Topchipples knows (and I don't mind the ribbing!).  I've bought myself an antique saw, a Homelite 550.  Arrived yesterday and I've only had the briefest chance to look it over.  Also ordered a 36" mill from the bay of e - should arrive in about 1 weeks time I think.  Saw takes an Oregon D096 or D196 mount (or equivalent) but it came with a 30" (no nose sprocket) and an 18" with sprocket (if I have the names correct).  Once I've got all the bits and can get the saw running well (it starts and runs but not well currently)and can cut a few boards and try it all out, then I'll probably be in the market for upgrades etc.  I've read your thread on chains here: 

and will work my way through your other posts etc.  Cheers!  Oh, and I've started a thread on my Homelite in the Milling forum.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rob D said:

As a side note - we will pretty much be off ebay soon I hope - I can't cope with ebay anymore. And I mean that genuinely it has a negative impact on my life even though we used to make £ off ebay it's not worth the cost. We want to provide as close as we can to proper service - I interpret that as - we care about people, we care about our customers, we care about our suppliers and the products they work hard to produce. We try to deliver quickly and we try to put our mistakes right [and your mistakes right] quickly. But hell everything is so about 'quickly' now that it has [to be frank] made my life a misery.

This is the problem with modern society, every one wants everything yesterday for next to nothing. I blame social media and amazon! Ebay is full of wasters these days ?

I must say your service has always been bang on Rob, quality kit and quality service ??

Hope your all good across that side of the Solent? And are keeping safe in these uncertain times

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TuscanPhil said:

Hi Rob, thanks for all of your feedback, but I've progressed a little since my last post, as Topchipples knows (and I don't mind the ribbing!).  I've bought myself an antique saw, a Homelite 550.  Arrived yesterday and I've only had the briefest chance to look it over.  Also ordered a 36" mill from the bay of e - should arrive in about 1 weeks time I think.  Saw takes an Oregon D096 or D196 mount (or equivalent) but it came with a 30" (no nose sprocket) and an 18" with sprocket (if I have the names correct).  Once I've got all the bits and can get the saw running well (it starts and runs but not well currently)and can cut a few boards and try it all out, then I'll probably be in the market for upgrades etc.  I've read your thread on chains here: 

and will work my way through your other posts etc.  Cheers!  Oh, and I've started a thread on my Homelite in the Milling forum.

Hold you to that tashe on the other thread PHILLIP 

3 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

For the money rob and a fraction of the cost for want to be millers its a no brainer,Service is fantastic by the way.Fancy a deal on the this at £100 no ebay fees

28"(71cm)GB Chainsaw Bar Parker 62cc + x3 Ripping Chains 325 058 102 d/l

The answer is a firm and heart felt no - in fact I am taking these listings off ebay.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Will C said:

This is the problem with modern society, every one wants everything yesterday for next to nothing. I blame social media and amazon! Ebay is full of wasters these days ?

I must say your service has always been bang on Rob, quality kit and quality service ??

Hope your all good across that side of the Solent? And are keeping safe in these uncertain times

Thanks Will we do our best - we try our best and we are not going to go down this route of pile it high, sell it cheap and sod the customer. We value our customer and we value ourselves and we will always aim to make a profit on what we sell in order to keep it that way. I will always use myself whatever we sell and will always try and give service to match - but there is only one of me and it won't happen each and every time... but hopefully it happens most of the time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Great price rob

Thanks. I am the same as everyone else really - get the best price on the best product and as they say no harm in trying. But there is no way of giving the best service for the best price. The two cannot co exist [IMHO]

• Like 2