Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

People hate him because the media tells them so, and they don't leave their liberal bubble. Conservatives understand both ideological positions because we simply can't live in a bubble, even if we wanted to - we are force fed leftist liberal ideology 24-7 by the popular culture, the mainstream media and our friends. Liberals do not experience this, since their position is the establishment position, they feel perfectly justified staying in their echo chamber and never see the other side, except through the media filter. Now that conservatives have won political power in the states, half the population both there and here just can't get their heads around it. Conservatism had been pushed underground by the media, but it had not gone away, and came out in force at the voting booth. Like a famous sound bite of one shocked remainer, to paraphrase: "All those horrible people had been there the whole time!" 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

People hate him because the media tells them so, and they don't leave their liberal bubble. Conservatives understand both ideological positions because we simply can't live in a bubble, even if we wanted to - we are force fed leftist liberal ideology 24-7 by the popular culture, the mainstream media and our friends. Liberals do not experience this, since their position is the establishment position, they feel perfectly justified staying in their echo chamber and never see the other side, except through the media filter. Now that conservatives have won political power in the states, half the population both there and here just can't get their heads around it. Conservatism had been pushed underground by the media, but it had not gone away, and came out in force at the voting booth. Like a famous sound bite of one shocked remainer, to paraphrase: "All those horrible people had been there the whole time!" 

We never did get to the bottom of "we decided "it's" all the lefts fault" . Were you chatting to your conservative pals or was it a well represented group of people from both sides of the political divide?

I'm only harking on because it seems to be in fitting with your style.

Well onceuponatime on the benzworld forum, a contributor(to who's unstated political opinions I had already taken a dislike) described herself, without an ironic intent whatsoever, as a; "member of the Liberal Elite".

Which thankfully I was able to instantly quote, before she realized and attempted to edit her post. i.e. re-write history.

Those kinda people worry me.

And the EC bureaucracy is chock full of them, especially at the top.

Doing what they absolutly know is in our best interests, &  if only we would be docile it would be so much easier.

mth

• Like 1

Beer alert:

Fosters, John smith's, strongbow, woodpecker, amstel, brown ale are going to run out by the end of next week.

My mate runs a pub and said that "Magners, Bulmers, woodpecker, strongbow and dark fruit all halted production last night.

BOC (gas supplier for beer and soft draught dispense) has just dropped a corker. Along the lines of:
We have enough for now, but if the Co2 supply isn't sorted by the end of July, we might run out." 

That means nae beer.

Excuse the media source, as they're well known for predicting the worst winter/hottest summer ever, but this one's legit.  https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/976904/World-Cup-beer-warning-panic-co2-shortage

image.png.840713486c58ebfc87cfec747082d049.png

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

We never did get to the bottom of "we decided "it's" all the lefts fault" . Were you chatting to your conservative pals or was it a well represented group of people from both sides of the political divide?

I'm only harking on because it seems to be in fitting with your style.

You do have a phenomenal memory eggs. I really still don't have the foggiest notion why it matters - I'm just an inconsequential nobody with an opinion, like everyone else...

54 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

You do have a phenomenal memory eggs. I really still don't have the foggiest notion why it matters - I'm just an inconsequential nobody with an opinion, like everyone else...

Yes, I do have a good memory. Why it matters, maybe because you are telling us about a conclusion that "we" came to. Do you think you would get the same reacation if you asked the same questions in a working mans club in the north of England?

It's easy to say "we" all agreed when you are talking about a group of like minded people. The problem comes when you have other people pulling the other way.

So, like, who were you debating with?

22 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Don't go reminding him that he has a good memory....  He'll go remembering that I promised to call for a yarn last week and still haven't done it!

Promises are like pie crusts, easily broken. What one does counts more than what one says.

9 minutes ago, Chessa said:

I myself, edit quite a lot (like the person you were referring to): because I misspell, ”misgrammar” and accidentally miscommunicate quite a bit on first drafts; and I have plenty of afterthoughts to add later as well.

Some of the writing I have done (requested by other people for reviews etc) has been edited with my consent or in one case misprinted. ?

It’s a knife edge for writers sometimes.

But, indeed: the idea of “changing history” through written documentation is a whole other can o’worms though.

Thankfully the news has shifted to cans of beer now (and bottles and draught) before an imminent shortage of air bubbles.

Reminds me of a book I am reading about living on the moon...

There's an excellent book about living on the moon called 'Steel Beach' by John Varley.