Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

11 minutes ago, TIMON said:

I’m not actually convinced that he did support them, to be fair.
Sympathised maybe.

At least he's doing something about the alleged anti semeticism in the Labour Party. I like people who realise there's a problem and do something to address it. Better than buying votes from the DUP to cover the shortcomings in the Conservative party I reckon. 

What would I know though, if I was clued up on politics I'd probably be a politician and not a tree worker. 

At least he's doing something about the alleged anti semeticism in the Labour Party. I like people who realise there's a problem and do something to address it. Better than buying votes from the DUP to cover the shortcomings in the Conservative party I reckon. 
What would I know though, if I was clued up on politics I'd probably be a politician and not a tree worker. 

Forced to do something about it through gritted teeth maybe, but I can’t see that his heart would be fully in it.

Agreed, having to buy votes from the DUP is and should be a huge source of embarrassment.

• Like 1

Presiding over, but not really controlling, ever more influential elements of the party which he is more aligned to (and would rather be fully immersed in) whilst burdened with the heavy weight of responsibility that comes with the moderating role of leadership.... It'll be an interesting one to watch as it plays out.  

Where's Vesp these days?  He'd have the answers....

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 16.17.33.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Presiding over, but not really controlling, ever more influential elements of the party which he is more aligned to (and would rather be fully immersed in) whilst burdened with the heavy weight of responsibility that comes with the moderating role of leadership.... It'll be an interesting one to watch as it plays out.  

Where's Vesp these days?  He'd have the answers....

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 16.17.33.png

Why not promote the Green Party if that's what you're into. The Green Party don't stand to gain anything by weakening Labour. You appear to be shooting yourself in the foot. 

22 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Why not promote the Green Party if that's what you're into. The Green Party don't stand to gain anything by weakening Labour. You appear to be shooting yourself in the foot. 

I don't really follow your logic there Mark?  I mean, I get the middle sentence, but the 1st and last don't really apply.  

Are you picking up on a previous post where I might have mentioned voting Green at the last election?  That is true, but for very specific reasons (1) there was no UKIP candidate available, (2) the local Tory is a buffoon (3) couldn't vote Labour whilst there was a breath in my body....  So you see, it really only left 1 option - I had to vote Green (secretly, I knew full well that my single protest vote wouldn't change the balance of power in this constituency so it was more symbolic than substantive - the incumbent Tory was returned for a second term and increased her majority from 9% in 2010 to just shy of 33% last time.) 

In a nutshell, whilst issues of Env and Rural Affairs are very much in my cross-hairs, that's the limit of what could / should be concluded from that single Green vote (so there's not too much to be read into it - it would have skewed any data Cambridge analytica might have been trying to analyse for example.)

Does the discussion of current issues affecting the Labour Party 'weaken' it?  Is the suggestion then that we don't?  Is that just a couple of steps short of suppression of freedom of speech?  It's all getting a bit Soviet Bloc....  :lol:  (I am just teasing there, nothing to be gained from locking horns again....)