Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

8 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Why is it that whatever subject we discuss on this thread it always degenerates in to the same people arguing over immigration..

Its gettin right on my tits

Enjoy going round in circles guys

Im off

Well how many news stories are related to immigration?

On any night you can watch the new and see stories on: terrorist attacks, people arrested for planning terrorist attacks, the NHS crisis, the housing crisis, the EU. All these stories have an underlying theme of immigration...

11 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Why is it that whatever subject we discuss on this thread it always degenerates in to the same people arguing over immigration..

(I think you know the answer).

I tried to swing it round to war with Russia last night, maybe I was too subtle.

37 minutes ago, scotspine1 said:

Have a think about this Idiot, from a moral philosophical stance. It's a very old concept but there's a certain rational imperative to it. 

That is a terrible argument. 

Morality evolves over time as we learn more about the world, ourselves and the wellbeing of concious creatures. Adhering to an 'objective' morality conceived 2000 years ago is a dangerous idea.

Is it morally wrong to kill someone under any circumstances? No.

This chap is arguing that we should adhere to the moral code of the Bible. Taken in it's entirety this is just about the least positively moral code you could possible imagine.

The reason we are more positively moral in the modern world is because our morals have evolved, guided by human reason and science, rejecting much of the behaviour advocated in the Bible.

The authors of the Bible had some good ideas and some very bad ones. It is enlightened human minds that have decided which were good and which were grotesque. If we played by God's rules the World would be horrendous.

• Like 1

Yeah.... The Times only lists the world's top 1000 universities... Not many Middle Eastern ones on the list...

Duck Duck is a search engine. I use it as it presents images better than google.

dosbods is a forum..... You best not join it [emoji6]

Duck duck is a browser designed to stop people tracking what websites you visit! Why would you need that unless you are looking at some ugly stuff?
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

Duck duck is a browser designed to stop people tracking what websites you visit! Why would you need that unless you are looking at some ugly stuff?

He uses it because it delivers better images than google, silly. 

Oh, and my dicks a kipper.

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

Yeah, good argument. We should all just use google so that Google can sell our browsing history to advertisers.

That is a terrible argument. 

Morality evolves over time as we learn more about the world, ourselves and the wellbeing of concious creatures.

The reason we are more positively moral in the modern world is because our morals have evolved, guided by human reason and science,

REALLY?????

If you believe that man has ‘evolved’ into a more moral being over a period of time you must be living on a different planet to me...
There is something very wrong with man at his basest level. For example...
You have to teach children how to be good. You don’t have to teach them how to be bad.
This is perfectly reasonable evidence that the Biblical account of mankind’s fallen nature is accurate.

11 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Aye, but it's been shown that humans rationalisation and decision making areas of their brains aren't fully developed till the early to mid twenties.  That's why you see so many people going off the rails around then.  Nothing to do with mankinds fallen nature.

• Thanks 1