Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

31 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Some might prefer to call this brainwashing?

APPLE.NEWS

Pupils will be taught to spot conspiracy theories in curriculum revamp after disorder spread across...

TBH I can't see anything wrong with it, it seemed to suggest that kids should just fact check, maybe I missed something. There is so much fake news out there these days they it is difficult to work out what is fake and what is fact. My first check is that if it's a screenshot it's probably garbage. If it's a link to an article and the article has quotes but no link to the source of those quotes then you have to question it at its usually just taken out of context. 

Elon Musk got caught out the other day spreading fake news and had to delete his tweets. From what I gather, people who post fake news are just so desperate to believe what they read to be true because it fits their narratives.

With the rise of AI and all the real looking deep fake videos I can see it being a really big issue in the very near future. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mesterh said:

TBH I can't see anything wrong with it, it seemed to suggest that kids should just fact check, maybe I missed something. There is so much fake news out there these days they it is difficult to work out what is fake and what is fact. My first check is that if it's a screenshot it's probably garbage. If it's a link to an article and the article has quotes but no link to the source of those quotes then you have to question it at its usually just taken out of context. 

Elon Musk got caught out the other day spreading fake news and had to delete his tweets. From what I gather, people who post fake news are just so desperate to believe what they read to be true because it fits their narratives.

With the rise of AI and all the real looking deep fake videos I can see it being a really big issue in the very near future. 

I agree with all of that. The issue in my eyes is that it is also very open to abuse by those wishing to push their own agenda. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, peds said:

I've found that most people I've met who label themselves as Christian are as far removed from Christ-like behaviour as could possibly be. 

Love thy neighbour, rich men shitting through the eye of a needle (or something?), sinners throwing stones at a greenhouse, etc.

Christ be horrified to see what 2000 years has done to his teachings, he would be chucking all of your shit right out of the temple. 

Nice fella, he had some great ideas, I'd love to have a glass of wine with him. I reckon we'd have gotten on great. It's a real pity about the millions of shitty people taking his name in vain these days. 

"3 glasses of water please, barman"

cheap night out

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, manco said:

i think this just shows again the lengths your sick mind goes to whenever someone calls you out on your bad attitude

to go scrolling looking for something to be offended by? pretty pathetic way to bully someone who doesnt agree with you

police scotland are welcome to come and discuss my stand against racism

will you be welcoming them to discuss your views attacking immirgants? and discuss your views on the bias of the police force?

will you be telling them you dont think theyre doing their job properly clamping down on refugees to stop a british born nutter attacking some kids?

again, GROW UP

youe been called out, youve been stood up to, now take your silly games somewhere else

Put up anything that backs up your claim about me being racist or inciting riots. You wanted to ridicule people and try and be funny by mocking a surname ??. schoolyard humour followed up by comments about people’s wives. You crossed the ****************ing line. Called out caught out 🤷‍♂️for what ? Utter BS 

Yes I stand by my opinion that there is two tier policing 🤷‍♂️is that the best you can drag up. 
like I say put up the evidence If you are so confident. Your stand against racism 🙏what a crock of shit. Evidence 🤔

29 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Schools might be better off concentrating on teaching seeing as exam results are down all over the UK. They are supposed to be educational establishments not indoctrination centres. As was the case during the covid farce every bit of info other than the established narrative was subdued or shut down, often with hindsight and knowledge obtained since mistakenly. Keep the phones out of school is a good start rather than teaching them only believe what the state tells you , Hitler Youth style. 

1 hour ago, carlos said:

i wonder if ones own religion or lack of has a bearing on the way we view immigrants?

Interesting question.

On a slight tangent. I think religious beliefs are sometimes claimed as justification for racist opinions. I'm sure I've seen instances of it on here anyway, "oh but Britain is a Christian country, therefore we can't possibly have Muslims here".

49 minutes ago, manco said:

i think its possible but my suggestion would be the more strongly religious might be against other religions

im pretty much religion free and couldnt give a crap about what anyone else chooses to believe or how they live their life as long as theyre not shitting all over anyone elses life and beliefs 

i was playing hangman a lot in school and missed lots of history but im pretty sure religion has caused a war or two here and there

but then so has people being aunts

Christianity and Islam being the two most hostile of all organised religions towards others.

27 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

I agree with all of that. The issue in my eyes is that it is also very open to abuse by those wishing to push their own agenda. 

If its just fact checking and giving them the skills on how to do it then I dont see how its pushing an agenda.

6 minutes ago, sime42 said:

Interesting question.

On a slight tangent. I think religious beliefs are sometimes claimed as justification for racist opinions. I'm sure I've seen instances of it on here anyway, "oh but Britain is a Christian country, therefore we can't possibly have Muslims here".

Christianity and Islam being the two most hostile of all organised religions towards others.

Western  Europe and Christianity is the most tolerant of environments and religions by far. 
If you think not I’d seriously advise any of you to pop over to any one of a dozen Islamic countries and try and practice the religious freedoms that Muslims have  here. You might find the outcome rather interesting. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Schools might be better off concentrating on teaching seeing as exam results are down all over the UK. They are supposed to be educational establishments not indoctrination centres. As was the case during the covid farce every bit of info other than the established narrative was subdued or shut down, often with hindsight and knowledge obtained since mistakenly. Keep the phones out of school is a good start rather than teaching them only believe what the state tells you , Hitler Youth style. 

Its teaching kids how to fact check. I think that you will find that there is still plenty of misinformation out there that hasnt been shut down.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Western  Europe and Christianity is the most tolerant of environments and religions by far. 

You, in particular, haven't a single Christ-like bone in your body. That you claim to have let any of the teachings of Jesus have any influence on your life is laughable. 

You know it yourself, too. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1