Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Should the police/press/authorities respond and react differently in different situations?

If the "trouble makers" are those that have been aggrieved by a particular incident, and/or are from the immediate surrounding area and local tensions have bubbled over when compared to trouble makers who have gone to an area in order to start trouble, using an incident that ultimatley has nothing to do with them  to provide "justification" for their own actions and to further their agenda.

If it was an incident for example in a school or a workplace, would an individual  who had been relentlessly harassed and finally lost their temper, punching someone be deserving of the same punishment as a "bully" who just goes around and punches someone just because they don't like them?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Rubbish 

Hartlepool and London I’ve just seen a bit on that today  and like the rest I condemn it 100%. 
So it’s what I don’t say now that’s an issue, even though I have commented about the Southport incident, I was driving all day yesterday so didn’t bother looking at the forum properly till later on by which time you guys were in full swing. You and others here were silent on the previous incidents mentioned so I guess the rather immature rationale you applied is also applicable in those cases too. 

I think you'll find I have been very consistent with what I have commented on. The Southport incident and subsequent trouble is an area I am personally invested in, have an interest in, and so feel it is my place to comment. Leeds, Manchester, Cardiff, and so on, I have no personal links to these, it is not my place to comment, I would just be adding to the general background noise if I did but adding nothing to the conversation. I am assuming that you are similar with no strong links to any of the places and yet pick and choose which ones to bring to the forum based on religion or colour of the criminals involved.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Owen Jones !! Now there’s an unbiased level headed individual you can rely on to give a reasoned and fair analysis of the situation 😳🤷‍♂️

excellent and predictable, so much so that I have just won a tenner! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, sime42 said:

Just my thought, but rather than getting sidetracked by the age old immigration/Muslim debate, what we should actually be focusing on is knife crime. Why exactly do so many young people, (largely boys), feel compelled to go out and kill innocent folk with knives? (Or guns if we were in America). There's clearly other reasons, as well as religious extremism.

As a parent, the issue of knife crime worries me far more than immigration and Islam.

Stop and search was the most effective tool the police had to combat knife crime. I’ll leave you to go your own research in regards the reduction of its use and the subsequent increase in knife crime. 

9 hours ago, Steven P said:

I think you'll find I have been very consistent with what I have commented on. The Southport incident and subsequent trouble is an area I am personally invested in, have an interest in, and so feel it is my place to comment. Leeds, Manchester, Cardiff, and so on, I have no personal links to these, it is not my place to comment, I would just be adding to the general background noise if I did but adding nothing to the conversation. I am assuming that you are similar with no strong links to any of the places and yet pick and choose which ones to bring to the forum based on religion or colour of the criminals involved.

Well that’s a belter 

21 hours ago, Johnsond said:

lol 😂 calm yourself 

Your team mate referred to “ inbreeding and thugs etc”

i mistakenly assumed he was referring to the issues I mentioned, what with the attack on the police at Manchester airport recently. 

Come on, you had that link in your bookmarks just in case a situation arose for you to slap it in there.

What about the attack at Manchester airport?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mesterh said:

Come on, you had that link in your bookmarks just in case a situation arose for you to slap it in there.

What about the attack at Manchester airport?

I didn’t bring it up 🤷‍♂️It wasn’t a link it was a screen grab just to annoy your team mate. Manchester airport attack !!! Check it out if you want, I figured you were not overly fussed judging by your silence on the horrific attack on the police and policewoman in particular.