Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

coy.

And I'm wondering whether to go down a certain well worn road with this once more... Sod it.

So the assumption is he's being Koi based on the fact he's not been Carping on about it as much, I think more likely Eel have got on his Pike in boredom of it all, or Herring-ing around a few mates for a chat about stuff instead, Shoally we'll find out soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I'm just wondering why someone's employment status matters so much. It seems to have become this months burning question. Employee, self employed or business owner - what's the relevance?

Apologies for the lack of marine life. Maybe I'm not fully a-hake yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 08/06/2024 at 11:07, nepia said:

His family are billionaires (is that right?) and he doesn't come across as a megalomaniac; I don't get why he took the job in the first place.

I guess he's tried it and is saying to himself '**** this for a game of soldiers - I'm off' but is too proud to resign so needs voting out.  He's done that very, very well.

So, they're worth £651m to be precise.

He had a tough childhood though, he even had to go without SkyTV! (Hell, I had to go without TV altogether, not sure how I survived such hardship).

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The PM says he sacrificed "lots of things" as a child as his parents prioritised their education.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, sime42 said:

So, they're worth £651m to be precise.

He had a tough childhood though, he even had to go without SkyTV! (Hell, I had to go without TV altogether, not sure how I survived such hardship).

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The PM says he sacrificed "lots of things" as a child as his parents prioritised their education.

You seem very jealous of anyone who earns a few quid 42.  To be honest I don’t give a damn about Sunak or his viewing habits  habits. How many unemployed or those complaining are doing without sky or an I phone nowadays 🤔

I think you have have completely missed Sime42s point here. Nothing to do with jealousy.

It is the attitude 'I am just like you, I also know hardship' while banking his next million - having to do without Sky TV - big tears here - where many in the country are having to also do without a warm house, consideration between clothes or meals, watching their childrens friends go off on trips while taking them home hungry again, overcrowded houses 3 kids to a room.

He knows hardship though, he didn't have sky TV, he is just like us.

I'm sure you can relate to the hardships growing up that he never endured. The lecture "you can better yourselves" and forgetting that we cannot just pick up a phone to a mate from your public school days or Oxford / Cambridge education to get a leg up. Grafting from the bottom upwards - in this forum humping logs about while saving to pay for training rather than lifting the phone "Daddy, I could do with....."

Rarely see a politician get to the top who came from a council sink estate, they always have a leg up - hardships to them is no Sky TV - hardships to the rest of us is very different.

Sure some of us get a lucky break - right place, right time - but that is what it is. In recent years an average wage is creeping closer and closer downwards to the minimum you need for lifes essentials.... and a lot is to do with political decisions.

"I endure hardship, just like you".... no you don't.

1/3

Edited by Steven P
  • Like 4

His attempt at a hardship story didn't even manage to compete with Starmer's "got the phone cut off once"!

Think it plays even worse considering his D Day veterans snub, a handful of people that did know hardship.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

You seem very jealous of anyone who earns a few quid 42.  To be honest I don’t give a damn about Sunak or his viewing habits  habits. How many unemployed or those complaining are doing without sky or an I phone nowadays 🤔

Nah, you missed the point again Bud.

I'm just amused that he also claims to be a "man of the people", but clearly has no empathy for normal hard working people either. Deja Vu.

I'm not at all jealous of anyone who earns a few quid ND. I value free time over money, it's all about quality of life for me. As long as I've got enough quids for everything I need and most stuff I want that'll do me.

(Wrt Employment StatusGate - My main motivation for being self-employed was more free time. I miss that now that I'm employed, I'd happily take a paycut to do a 4 day week if it was permitted)

• Like 2