Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

No 42 I totally get the point. The country  is currently in a cost of living crisis “ a well used word nowadays” substantially  as a result of the two years of lunacy that was covid. The release of the Sue Gray report has played a huge part in triggering  tonight’s actions. How you can not see the link that is “covid” I don’t know. No ones ranting and whining  42, my comment on what you supported and backed is based upon your posting history over the period although I’m sure you’d like to forget the last 2 years eh. 
Too right; I'd like to forget the last two years,. It's not been the best of times has it? I imagine most people would, even yourself if you're honest. All we can do is move on and hope to learn from the experience. But we digress, this kind of chat belongs in one of those other threads of yours.

The Sue Gray report was but a catalyst, your man would have been found out for what he really is sooner or later anyway. (No coincidence that it was delayed for so long. "We'll just have to wait for the Sue Gray report won't we?"!) He was lying long before he came to office, and will no doubt continue to do so, regardless of the current confidence vote.

My money is on Jeremy Hunt anyway, not that I'm a fan of his or any of the other names that have been touted so far. He might at least be a better bet than the rest of the little weasels that BoJo insulates himself with. Whoever it turns out to be, it'll be a positive step forward for the Conservative party. (Whatever Mr Robin Horsfall might say isn't actually gospel).

10 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

211-148.

That's four out of ten near enough, they dislike him more than May. I hope they resign their seats, I couldn't work for a firm where almost half the workforce thinks their boss is incompetent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

That's four out of ten near enough, they dislike him more than May. I hope they resign their seats, I couldn't work for a firm where almost half the workforce thinks their boss is incompetent. 

Do you think they’ll have the stones to cross the floor or go Indy?

If 148 did that’d be the government down. 

If they don’t, they ain’t worth a toss...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sime42 said:

Too right; I'd like to forget the last two years,. It's not been the best of times has it? I imagine most people would, even yourself if you're honest. All we can do is move on and hope to learn from the experience. But we digress, this kind of chat belongs in one of those other threads of yours.

The Sue Gray report was but a catalyst, your man would have been found out for what he really is sooner or later anyway. (No coincidence that it was delayed for so long. "We'll just have to wait for the Sue Gray report won't we?"!) He was lying long before he came to office, and will no doubt continue to do so, regardless of the current confidence vote.

My money is on Jeremy Hunt anyway, not that I'm a fan of his or any of the other names that have been touted so far. He might at least be a better bet than the rest of the little weasels that BoJo insulates himself with. Whoever it turns out to be, it'll be a positive step forward for the Conservative party. (Whatever Mr Robin Horsfall might say isn't actually gospel).

I have no threads of mine as you put it. 
He is not my man. 
Horsfalls words are indeed not gospel  they are as I stated his opinion.
Me personally I’ll never forget nor will my utter contempt and disgust diminish at the actions, words  and behaviour of many politicians and individuals over the past two years. 

Just now, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Do you think they’ll have the stones to cross the floor or go Indy?

If 148 did that’d be the government down. 

If they don’t, they ain’t worth a toss...

Doubtful. I'd find it amusing if they did. 

• Like 1