Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

23 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Bit of a leap mate

Not really. The way I see it is you're either against killing bairns or for killing bairns, it doesn't matter what colour skin they have or where they're from. My thoughts are that the Israeli response to Hamas' atrocities is overkill in every sense of the word and that we should be vocal in our opposition to it - by saying nothing you are pretty much condoning the levelling of Gaza and all that goes with it. If the Israeli Zionist regime is hell bent on destroying Gaza they should just nuke the place instead of prolonging the suffering of millions - they won't do that though as it would affect their metrics and irradiate the land for future 'settlers'.

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

No 'Citizen Smith' outrage here, I've been to Palestine and seen how things were. It's a lousy state of affairs.

You're probably more qualified to comment than a lot of us, depends on the news source, the reporters or the daily news that you read depends on whose partisan views of this conflict you believe. I don't think we are getting fed an even balance from both sides (The BBC might be - they are certainly trying hard to be seen to be unbiased here).

For the hospital - if you take it that there are underground facilities and that Israel has a substation arsenal at it's disposal, any attack on there would be against these underground facilities I think... and yet the pictures and videos don't show it having been hit with anything more powerful than a firework. My view is that the missile wasn't targeted at it, or that someone has been playing the politics of war on their own side (Hamas or one of the other factions there)

12 minutes ago, Steven P said:

You're probably more qualified to comment than a lot of us, depends on the news source, the reporters or the daily news that you read depends on whose partisan views of this conflict you believe. I don't think we are getting fed an even balance from both sides (The BBC might be - they are certainly trying hard to be seen to be unbiased here).

For the hospital - if you take it that there are underground facilities and that Israel has a substation arsenal at it's disposal, any attack on there would be against these underground facilities I think... and yet the pictures and videos don't show it having been hit with anything more powerful than a firework. My view is that the missile wasn't targeted at it, or that someone has been playing the politics of war on their own side (Hamas or one of the other factions there)

WWW.ALJAZEERA.COM

Denials of responsibility and deleted social media posts arouse suspicion around Israel’s view of the attack.

It's clear as mud...

I am generally sceptical when it comes to any news source.

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mark J said:

@Johnsond Apologies if the question was inappropriate, I think that adding a 'shrugging shoulders' emoji conveys a sense of defeatism, which may have 'triggered' me. 

Mark of course I don’t as well you know but I think the Hamas regime gambled on the attack maybe having a different outcome, possibly not helped due to the classic Muslim bloodlust setting in along with the ubiquitous “ god is great “ chant as innocents are slaughtered in often horrific circumstances, something we have became all to familiar with over the years. I get the feeling sympathy is running short in many ways. 

2 minutes ago, Mark J said:

WWW.ALJAZEERA.COM

Denials of responsibility and deleted social media posts arouse suspicion around Israel’s view of the attack.

It's clear as mud...

I am sceptically inclined when it comes to any news source.

Mark if that had been a proper bit of targeted Israeli ordinance nothing would be left there and the crater would be enormous. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mark J said:

WWW.ALJAZEERA.COM

It's clear as mud...

I am sceptically inclined when it comes to any news source.

You weren’t a couple of years ago 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Mark if that had been a proper bit of targeted Israeli ordinance nothing would be left there and the crater would be enormous. 

Why did the Israelis say it was one of theirs then?

9 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

You weren’t a couple of years ago 🤷‍♂️

Lol.

Edited by Mark J