Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

14 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Whats a agricultural consultant when its at home? Sounds very vague and meaningless. A mate of mine is a vision technician , the reality is he's a window cleaner. 

Jog on.

19 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Depends where I earn them.

All banter and the likes aside Mark and I include those deluded political leanings of yours ?. The possibility of not finding a vaccine or cure ever is one that maybe people should consider ie common cold or flue !!. Where does that leave us ? We are most definitely not the masters of this planet, Mother Nature has given us all a reminder of that for sure. The other thing that has been shown is that we can not rely on technology and science all the time and that sad as it is death is a part of life and comes to us all at some point. The virus is maybe something we in the west have to learn to live with just as others in less developed areas live and die with multiple other diseases every day. There is no outcry regarding the number of malaria deaths every year !!. 
I’m not being pessimistic, optimistic or fatalistic even I just think we are at a point now that we just have to try and get on with it. ?‍♂️Hopefully it works out for the best. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

All banter and the likes aside Mark and I include those deluded political leanings of yours ?. The possibility of not finding a vaccine or cure ever is one that maybe people should consider ie common cold or flue !!. Where does that leave us ? We are most definitely not the masters of this planet, Mother Nature has given us all a reminder of that for sure. The other thing that has been shown is that we can not rely on technology and science all the time and that sad as it is death is a part of life and comes to us all at some point. The virus is maybe something we in the west have to learn to live with just as others in less developed areas live and die with multiple other diseases every day. There is no outcry regarding the number of malaria deaths every year !!. 
I’m not being pessimistic, optimistic or fatalistic even I just think we are at a point now that we just have to try and get on with it. ?‍♂️Hopefully it works out for the best. 

I agree with most of that.
I think that in these times, perhaps more than ever, there should be transparency and accountabilty in governance.

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Depends where I earn them.

No such thing as tax free mind 

4 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I agree with most of that.
I think that in these times, perhaps more than ever, there should be transparency and accountabilty in governance.

They are not superhuman and nor do they have all the answers, my own view is like all of us in life they are probs winging it somewhat with a bit of expert advice. Probs no different to  any other government. 

4 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

No such thing as tax free mind 

They are not superhuman and nor do they have all the answers, my own view is like all of us in life they are probs winging it somewhat with a bit of expert advice. Probs no different to  any other government. 

It's only taxable when you withdraw the balance.

I have no problem with people coming up with an answer on the fly, so long as they write their workings out down.

Edited by Mark J

3 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

He's thicker than shit, just listen to him now.

He was Director of Public Prosecutions, his peers were impressed enough to put him up for a gong. 

Graduated from Leeds with a first class honours degree(among the top 10%), then got into Oxford as a postgrad.

You may not agree with much he says, but his achievements are not the work of someone who is thicker than shit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tree-fancier123 said:

He was Director of Public Prosecutions, his peers were impressed enough to put him up for a gong. 

Graduated from Leeds with a first class honours degree(among the top 10%), then got into Oxford as a postgrad.

You may not agree with much he says, but his achievements are not the work of someone who is thicker than shit.

I think eggs was on about Bozo, but I'm happy to be corrected.

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 1