Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

11 hours ago, Johnsond said:

How could we change any law ?? Go and read the part of the Geneva convention that defines refugee status , look into asylum seeker at the same time. The UK as a signatory to the agreement and has obligations but once they decide to pick and choose a country  🙏🤷‍♂️

The same way ‘we’ changed the law to stop people claiming asylum until they get here, hence the number of illegals we are getting. Let them claim asylum overseas, if they are genuine they can come, if they aren’t the don’t come. 20% straight off the net figure.

40 minutes ago, sime42 said:

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

687236068_Screenshot_20230905-0924342.png.7122e28b18189fe7a47791d6a2ceb18e.png

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

So this is you argument ??

Because I work with and get along fine with a variety of nationalities by your reasoning I should be happy for them all to come here 🤷‍♂️are you genuinely stupid or so naive as to offer that up. We as a nation are everything I said. Illegal channel crossing on an industrial scale such as we are witnessing is just not sustainable. Christ you were a gullible  fool during covid but that’s grasping at straws. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steven P said:

When the last labour government was in power there was about 4 asylum seekers crossing the channel in a small boat, now there are thousand, a real success of Tory policies, from nothing to a thriving industry of small businesses making a go of it. We should celebrate that.

We should.

Alot of these immigrants have the kind of fiber the majority of British young people lack. Pluck,courage,determination in the face of adversity.  Boats full of the very minerals that endeared Brown Bear Grylls and Ranulph Fiennes to the British public.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Because I work with and get along fine with a variety of nationalities by your reasoning I should be happy for them all to come here 🤷‍♂️are you genuinely stupid or so naive as to offer that up. We as a nation are everything I said. Illegal channel crossing on an industrial scale such as we are witnessing is just not sustainable. Christ you were a gullible  fool during covid but that’s grasping at straws. 

1121976395_Screenshot_20230905-0924342.png.6282a54319326de690b26bfc78da71c3.png

No mate, you've completely missed the point again. It was nothing to do with your rainbow nation of work buddies.

It just seemed like a glaring irony for you to use the words tolerant and open! Made me chuckle. Did anyone else get that, or was it just me?

No biggie anyway.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

From the government, year June 2022 to June 2023

work visas (including dependants) ..... 538,887 - controlled be government policies

study visas (including dependants), ..... 657,208, including sponsored and short-term students - controlled by government policies

Asylum applications 78,768 (the small boats) - cannot control this

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steven P said:

From the government, year June 2022 to June 2023

work visas (including dependants) ..... 538,887 - controlled be government policies

study visas (including dependants), ..... 657,208, including sponsored and short-term students - controlled by government policies

Asylum applications 78,768 (the small boats) - cannot control this

If I scream at the Internet loud enough,will those numbers change?

Or should I divert the discussion by telling you all how well I have done?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Mike Hill said:

If I scream at the Internet loud enough,will those numbers change?

Or should I divert the discussion by telling you all how well I have done?

I reckon the numbers would change, so many people shout so loudly and they'd have to be really silly to keep at it if it made no difference to reality.