Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Never gonna happen and I’m not surprised in the slightest you like her. Her nasty politics suits you to the ground. She’ll never get independence though, not nearly enough people support her. 

We'll see.

5 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Independence for us soon enough though, so that'll be alright. I quite like Sturgeon. 

Have you actually taken a look at the SNP’s track record in regards health, education, transport, business  local council interaction etc etc before making a comment about liking Sturgeon??. 

2 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Have you actually taken a look at the SNP’s track record in regards health, education, transport, business  local council interaction etc etc before making a comment about liking Sturgeon??. 

No, but free university education and free prescriptions for my family looks good to me. Plus access to a GP in days, not weeks. 

Edited by Mark J

2 minutes ago, difflock said:

Who is going to pay for all this "free" stuff?

Our taxes and NI already do. Perhaps if they taxed the real money instead of giving them bonuses and chasing the little man, we wouldn't feel so aggrieved. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

Our taxes and NI already do. Perhaps if they taxed the real money instead of giving them bonuses and chasing the little man, we wouldn't feel so aggrieved. 

Ironically if you’re not actually on the wind-up and are moving to Scotland you’re moving to a country that is actively taxing the little man more than England and should the worst come to the worst and we get independence that’s only going to rise.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mark J said:

No, but free university education and free prescriptions for my family looks good to me. Plus access to a GP in days, not weeks. 

If this SNP Government were to have things their way, we would all believe that higher education in Scotland is a picture...

Well mark you really need to do some research bud regarding what the SNP is actually doing up here. As for free prescriptions well in reality as the highest taxed of the devolved administrations it’s not really free is it. Everything has to be funded from somewhere unless you know something I dont. You are in cloud cuckoo land about GP access, my son recently needed hospital treatment for a gashed knee( 12 stitches  and trying to get him in anywhere was a nightmare, I ended up doing a temp patch up myself and drove him from Fyvie to Huntly for treatment) I’m currently involved in campaign to keep our local cottage hospital open that the snp have closed. The alternative is a 35 mile journey to the nearest A&E. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1