Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

3 minutes ago, matelot said:

In 1995 the American senate voted to move the embassy to Jerusalem... Trump does this and suddenly mainstream media try and demonise him... 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_Embassy_Act

Is that the same MSM that you often quote to try and demonise other arguments wether they are correct or not?

In 1995 the American senate voted to move the embassy to Jerusalem... Trump does this and suddenly mainstream media try and demonise him... 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_Embassy_Act

It’s not about what the senate voted for. If it was a good idea it would have been moved at the time. It’s (for me anyway) a bloody stupid idea to be pouring petrol on a smouldering fire.

34 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

It’s not about what the senate voted for. If it was a good idea it would have been moved at the time. It’s (for me anyway) a bloody stupid idea to be pouring petrol on a smouldering fire.

Tbh, it will probably end in bloodshed. However it's becoming increasingly clear that no matter what the West does it will end in bloodshed....

Does anyone think that there will be peace in the Middle East within the next 50 years? We might as well face reality and start supporting the only democracy in the Middle East where minority groups are protected....

Tbh, it will probably end in bloodshed. However it's becoming increasingly clear that no matter what the West does it will end in bloodshed....

Does anyone think that there will be peace in the Middle East within the next 50 years? We might as well face reality and start supporting the only democracy in the Middle East where minority groups are protected....

What the west should do is keep out of it and let them blow each other up if they think that’s the best way forward!

40 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Why do you think previous POTUS have not done it?

2 options:

(1) has an (a) or a (b) sub-option:

(a) previous incumbents, despite the funding being allocated, have not had the kahoonas but have preferred, every 6 months, to sign off the waiver which prevented the funding being withdrawn and Trump is the first to put his mouth where the money is.

or

(b) he's a lunatic.

(2) There's never been a better time to do what has been policy for many years.  The Mid East is in almost total disarray with many war torn, dysfunctional nations unable to manage internal politics let alone contribute to, consolidate or coordinate a wider 'Arab' response. 

We're a year into it....  I think there's a 50/50 chance it's (1)(b) :$ 

2 options:

(1) has an (a) or a (b) sub-option:

(a) previous incumbents, despite the funding being allocated, have not had the kahoonas but have preferred, every 6 months, to sign off the waiver which prevented the funding being withdrawn and Trump is the first to put his mouth where the money is.

or

(b) he's a lunatic.

(2) There's never been a better time to do what has been policy for many years.  The Mid East is in almost total disarray with many war torn, dysfunctional nations unable to manage internal politics let alone contribute to, consolidate or coordinate a wider 'Arab' response. 

We're a year into it....  I think there's a 50/50 chance it's (1)(b) [emoji5] 

I agree with the 1 b assessment:)

11 hours ago, Richard 1234 said:

What the west should do is keep out of it and let them blow each other up if they think that’s the best way forward!

I agree with that. I think the problem is we let them into Europe and they then blow up Europeans... 9 foiled terrorist attacks in the UK since March.... Plus all the succesful terrorist attacks. 

Why are we letting people into the West that hate us and want to kill us?