Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

21 minutes ago, TIMON said:

What a seriously disturbing idea MrJ....

Political Rehab Centres for the masses..,

They could be called "Granola Camps"..
somewhere to send all of the budding nuts, fruits and flakes for re-alignment emoji51.png

Looks like they are already taking shape in Scotland's University's .....

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10977/does-condemning-islamic-state-jihadis-constitute

Good link Ti!

1 hour ago, matelot said:

What we really need to do is stop benefits for migrants. You look at the migrants coming to the UK via the Mediterranean. They go from Turkey to Greece to Bulgaria to Serbia to Croatia to Italy to France then onto the UK. The migrants go to the countries with the most generous benefit system. We stop benefits and they stop coming...

We also need to start being honest with ourselves. Migration from some cultures has not been successful. Mainstream politicians either have to accept that or watch as extremist parties get into power. 

Last year Hungary had a referendum to decide if they should accept Merkel's migrants. 98% voted against accepting them... It's the people that want to accept asylum seekers etc that are the extremists....the average man on the street just doesn't want them....

I'm not sure if it's a matter of semantics. 

(And the perpetual conflagration of 'asylum' and 'economic migration' which tends to muddy the waters of the immigration debate)

"Stop benefits for migrants" tends to enrage the snowflakes. 

Whereas...

"guarantee of personal financial stability" (and health care insurance) prior to granting migrant access tends to sound "softer" but could achieve the same net result. 

Personally, I find it tiresome having to be so overly mindful and sensitive in all that we might say for fear of causing some assumed offence....

That's why I'm so careful and restrained on here.....

the migrants are quite brutal in their methods - they would rather deplete our dwindling resources (land for housing, benefits cash etc) than tough it out in their own country and fight to make it what they want - the French didn't all boat over to UK in WW2, maybe not the best comparison.

All this brutality it reminds me of when the white europeans turfed out the native americans - if people want to live somewhere history shows they generally have little regard for those already there - another WW2 comparison - but is the plight of native american indians not just as bad as the jewish holocaust?

Brutal h.sapiens - just a jumbled mass of molecules straight out of the big bang - cant expect too much when you get something from nothing

• Like 2

Sign where ya want.

Personaly I don't care much for religious extremists.

I can understand that you have a different viewpoint to Rees-Mogg, Eggs..

But to label him an extremist?

At what point does someone become an extremist?
This is where I struggle with left wing politics. As soon as you step out of the "approved included list" (usually if you are Jewish or Christian) you get labelled an extremist or worse.

Don't you see the irony??

19 minutes ago, TIMON said:

This is where I struggle with left wing politics. As soon as you step out of the "approved included list" (usually if you are Jewish or Christian) you get labelled an extremist or worse.

You do realise that Hitler was as right wing as they come and exterminated Jews because they weren't on the "approved included list".

https://videopress.com/v/WrR4udIn   Sounds pretty extreme to me.

I think that not allowing people to have their own opinions based on their own personal convictions is very intolerant.

At no point in that (heavily edited) excerpt did Rees Mogg say that he would force his own personal beliefs on someone.

If holding to an opinion that "human life is sacred" is now classified as "extremism" then we're all in deep trouble.

• Like 1

You do realise that Hitler was as right wing as they come and exterminated Jews because they weren't on the "approved included list".

I grew up as an anarchist punk, went on all the Class War marches. Probably leant much farther left than you do right now if truth be told. After a while I started to see it for what it really was...The "freedom" that I thought I was fighting for just revealed itself to be another form of tyranny.