Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

So the flats would retail for a total of £100m but the council get them at cost for £10m? Do you really think the profit margin in selling flats is 90%?

We've had a decade of austerity but London council tenants are getting flats worth over £1m....

Due to the circumstances the developers did a deal with the government/council on the price they sold them at cost price £10m for 68 flats that would have retailed at £160m

Now after Corbyn has spouted he'd steal from the rich or claim squatters rights I wander if he'll give this deal any praise?!

I'll find you some more sources for this information if you can't be bothered to look for yourself.

Grenfell Tower fire: Flats in £2bn luxury Kensington block to be given to families | London Evening Standard

To be fair after working an 80 hour week I can't really be bothered researching how much these flats sold for....

So it seems that the 68 flats are the ones that the developer had to sell as "social housing" as part of the planning permission. The Guardian did produce a misleading article...

Yet when someone like me, that's a bit thick, and can't articulate it very well says it, they're some sort of Idiot.

I can't remember anyone saying this dreadful disaster would have been any better if Corbyn won.

I think mental illness is when people want to believe The bits what they like, but ignore the bits they don't like.

A bit like matelot's £100 million found by RBofKC Council. If he'd dig a bit deeper he would find that the owners of those flats have sold them at 'cost price' to the City of London Corporation for £10 million.

But, let's not bother with facts.

I really do despair at times.

So the flats would retail for a total of £100m but the council get them at cost for £10m? Do you really think the profit margin in selling flats is 90%?

We've had a decade of austerity but London council tenants are getting flats worth over £1m....

You can argue till you're blue in the face, money + greed will rule the day, it will kill, make misery, make happiness for some, of course there are many without money who are happy, not enough!!

If you have a few "with" and many "without" you tend to get some unrest.

Just saying.

Other than free housing for the families or victims will the recipents be able to sue in court against the owner of the building? Seem way to little to late. I believe the current PM missed some golden opportinties and made some really stupid mistakes since the election to the present.

I believe she could have proposed a time limit of 120 days to either update all buildings in the UK to prevent future disasters from occurring in the future or after 120 days has passed and no fire suppression systems were either installed or hazardous building materials removed, all building would be condemned and or destroyed. The cost would fall upon the owner of the building weather it be public or private housing. My two cents,

I have returned!

easy-lift guy

You can argue till you're blue in the face, money + greed will rule the day, it will kill, make misery, make happiness for some, of course there are many without money who are happy, not enough!!

If you have a few "with" and many "without" you tend to get some unrest.

Just saying.

...... And, when people 'take to the streets', which won't be long if we carry on as we are there will be uproar, not that I think it's right, or want to see it.

Don't say I didn't mention it!

I really can't see how folk can't see what's coming.

I'll find you some more sources for this information if you can't be bothered to look for yourself.

Grenfell Tower fire: Flats in £2bn luxury Kensington block to be given to families | London Evening Standard

Do you know how London works?

By the way, what sort of society have we become when flats are on the market for £13 million.

How much do you need to earn to buy one of those?

Serious question.

Why do you care if a flat is on sale for £13M? It should make no difference to you how much someone else pays for somewhere to live. In my opinion.

Personally I would not pay anything to live in London as it's a dump but that's just my opinion too[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Serious question.

Why do you care if a flat is on sale for £13M? It should make no difference to you how much someone else pays for somewhere to live. In my opinion.

Personally I would not pay anything to live in London as it's a dump but that's just my opinion too[emoji16]

Richard, I don't give a jot for what anyone pays for a flat. What other people have got is of no interested to me.

My point is, how broken society as become.

I don't know many folk that could afford those flats, do you?

And more to the point, why are they stood empty?

Richard, I don't give a jot for what anyone pays for a flat. What other people have got is of no interested to me.

My point is, how broken society as become.

I don't know many folk that could afford those flats, do you?

And more to the point, why are they stood empty?

It's been broken for a long long long time. There has always been and always will be expensive houses probably empty ones too.

I don't know many/any that could afford one but I'm not sure why that matters either?

Probably stood empty as they want a return on an investment (as any sane person would) and they aren't getting that from the banks are they!

Helping the poor is a good idea but stealing from the rich (stealing is bad yes?) is the wrong answer.

The poor (if you can truly say that there are truly poor people here when you look around the world) need to be pushed and helped to make their lives better.

Just my opinion and it would not work I'm sure

It's been broken for a long long long time. There has always been and always will be expensive houses probably empty ones too.

I don't know many/any that could afford one but I'm not sure why that matters either?

Probably stood empty as they want a return on an investment (as any sane person would) and they aren't getting that from the banks are they!

Helping the poor is a good idea but stealing from the rich (stealing is bad yes?) is the wrong answer.

The poor (if you can truly say that there are truly poor people here when you look around the world) need to be pushed and helped to make their lives better.

Just my opinion and it would not work I'm sure

Where are you pushing and helping them to?