Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

We've been down the road of IQ tests before. Are you so smart that you automatically think you would get a vote?

Tbh, one of the bad things about our democracy is that people that don't contribute get to vote. I think there is an argument that people that don't work etc shouldn't vote....

As it is people vote for Corbyn as they want "free money" from the people that get up each morning to go to work :(

Tbh, one of the bad things about our democracy is that people that don't contribute get to vote. I think there is an argument that people that don't work etc shouldn't vote....

As it is people vote for Corbyn as they want "free money" from the people that get up each morning to go to work :(

Utter nonsense, and a massive generalisation.

I voted for Corbyn, (well you know what I mean), yet I've never claimed a penny in my life.

Next you will be saying we should put something in people's food to stop them having children.

Oh wait .......

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Bit of a curve ball here, but anyone fancy a leader who speaks a bit more like the Prime Minister of Bhutan? One of the poorest but also the happiest nation in Asia.

His focus here is on Climate Change, but the most interesting thing for me is the dramatic difference in general tone and vision from that preached by our political leaders year after year after year.

Be intersting to hear your thoughts on whether the Bhutan model (Gross National Happiness over Gross National Product) and a refreshingly long term vision is viable globally?

Great speaker!

Even better concept!!

Why are we so obsessed with "growth" and seem to take no interest in "reduction" and sustainability?

Even the UK Greens have their head up their own backsides on this. Population expansion is the greatest threat to sustainability.

Utter nonsense, and a massive generalisation.

I voted for Corbyn, (well you know what I mean), yet I've never claimed a penny in my life.

100 years ago it was only male, Protestant landowners that got the vote. Tbh, I think there is a case to be made that only people with say over £1000 in the bank get to vote.

That would mean that responsible working people get to vote and feckless people don't get to vote....

Next you will be saying we should put something in people's food to stop them having children.

Oh wait .......

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I was speaking about people starving in Africa when I made that comment... And I stand by that comment...

I think there is a moral case to be made for feeding starving people in the third world. However I don't think there is a moral case to feed starving people if they then go and have ten kids and require more food for their kids...

I think you will find that most people would rather have a job than have to live a life on the dole.

Corbyn just wants a fairer society for all of us. What's wrong with that? The gap between rich and poor grew bigger under Cameron than any other prime minister. May will be the same.

Great speaker!

Even better concept!!

Why are we so obsessed with "growth" and seem to take no interest in "reduction" and sustainability?

Even the UK Greens have their head up their own backsides on this. Population expansion is the greatest threat to sustainability.

Totally agree with this. Less people would solve almost every global problem

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

100 years ago it was only male, Protestant landowners that got the vote. Tbh, I think there is a case to be made that only people with say over £1000 in the bank get to vote.

That would mean that responsible working people get to vote and feckless people don't get to vote....

Please stop this rubbish.

Plenty of good decent working people could have £1000 in the bank at the end of the month, yet have very little, or none left when their bank accounts were surveyed.

Should we ban these people from voting?

If you pay tax you get to vote.

That would seems to be a fairly simple and inherently fair system to me.

I'm sure there must be some obvious reason why that wouldn't work, but can't think of it at the moment...