Consolidation of wealth and power into the hands of just a few

Actors on our political stage proclaim we did it all for you

While backstage they slap each others backs and congratulate themselves

Their's an uneasy heaven our's a daily hell

The guillotine so sharp and glistening winds up to the top

The bright eyed peasants befouled and grimy cheer it as it drops

While high above the moon shines brightly indifferent to our plight

Jomoco

American security does seem very paranoid in my experience. Going through customs entering America an X-ray picked up a pair of nail clippers in my hand luggage. Not scissors but the ones with the jaws at the front, activated with a lever on top. I explained what it was and should then have been obvious, not thinking I reached in to show them. Big mistake John Wayne had nothing on these guys. Bearing in mind the bag had been x rayed so obviously no guns etc, why did they go for their guns. Never had anything like that happen anywhere else.

American security does seem very paranoid in my experience. Going through customs entering America an X-ray picked up a pair of nail clippers in my hand luggage. Not scissors but the ones with the jaws at the front, activated with a lever on top. I explained what it was and should then have been obvious, not thinking I reached in to show them. Big mistake John Wayne had nothing on these guys. Bearing in mind the bag had been x rayed so obviously no guns etc, why did they go for their guns. Never had anything like that happen anywhere else.

That's not an unusual or uncommon reaction....

Unreasonable, probably. Shocking, probably. Unnecessary, probably - unless there is other back ground supporting Intel.

Here's the dilemma as I see it, the more jumpy the law enforcement agencies become, the more likely there is to be an unjustified homicide. The more unjustified homicides there are, the more jumpy licensed gun carriers will become.

How far fetched is it, given the constitutional and human right to self preservation, that if a cop unholsters his sidearm, that the citizen may wish to do the same as a self defence "leveller?"

The situation spirals!

On a bit of a tangent, (question) are the cop shootings of black males a racially motivated circumstance? Looking at some of the criminal convictions, the victims are not exactly model citizens. Not saying that equates to a justification for summary execution, just that these are (probably) not the kind of people that play by societal rules - except when it suits them maybe.

Are the black shooting of police racially motivated - absolutely 1000%.

What a peculiar situation.

What I find peculiar's our govt selling so many of their constituent's livelihoods overseas for pennies on the dollar, then blaming them for their impoverished circumstances.

The moral of Les Miserable seems beyond our politicians ability to comprehend.

I love the way they swear up n down on a stack of bibles to protect n defend our papered constitution, then turn on a dime to sell out the very citizens our constititution was written to protect n defend.

Don't worry about that constitution folks, it's locked away n protected 24/7, you low IQ citizens however, are worth about 40 cents an hour tops, see?

Jomoco

Anytime I watch cop shows from anywhere in the world the police are getting grief from the individuals they are persuing/stopping/questioning. If they would just shut up and do what the officers tell them rather than kick off alot of this wouldn't happen. In the video of the woman in america she was very calm while her man was dying next to her, but life is a bit cheaper overthere i suppose.

That's not an unusual or uncommon reaction....

Unreasonable, probably. Shocking, probably. Unnecessary, probably - unless there is other back ground supporting Intel.

Here's the dilemma as I see it, the more jumpy the law enforcement agencies become, the more likely there is to be an unjustified homicide. The more unjustified homicides there are, the more jumpy licensed gun carriers will become.

How far fetched is it, given the constitutional and human right to self preservation, that if a cop unholsters his sidearm, that the citizen may wish to do the same as a self defence "leveller?"

The situation spirals!

On a bit of a tangent, (question) are the cop shootings of black males a racially motivated circumstance? Looking at some of the criminal convictions, the victims are not exactly model citizens. Not saying that equates to a justification for summary execution, just that these are (probably) not the kind of people that play by societal rules - except when it suits them maybe.

Are the black shooting of police racially motivated - absolutely 1000%.

What a peculiar situation.

Those nail clippers must have looked really dangerous to them or is widespread gun ownership generating that sort of instinctive reaction throughout the security forces.

While on a cruise we heard a couple of Americans talking about their extensive security measures at their homes. Any society with a mix of wealth and cultures will of course have a degree of envy, friction and unlawfull redistribution of wealth, but it sounds very extreme there if those two guys were representative of the average home owner. They obviously intend to keep their wealth by using their ability to buy bigger and better guns to drive off those less than model citizens.

Perhaps some fundamental changes are needed from the politicians to reduce the war.