RW and Zigzag

Thinking about picking one of these up... I have several ZigZags, might give the SRT arrangement another try with this. I have an Akimbo that I'm happy with, but I use multiple lines quite a bit and this might be fun to play with some more. Didn't much like it with a stiff rope tether, but the aluminum one looks like it might work better.

ZigZag Tether

50 minutes ago, Rupe said:

Ive stopped using my zig zag for srt. That lives on the ddrt rope. 

SRT going really well though, got the hang of top tying and redericts etc. Done a few jobs were I wonder how I would have manged without it! 

I've done the same mate, the ad just doesn't look right on single line. Its quite nice to use a hitch now and then, although I wouldn't go back to one on ddrt.

If you're looking for a mechanical srt device the bdb looks fantastic, I keep meaning to buy one. 

I've done the same mate, the ad just doesn't look right on single line. Its quite nice to use a hitch now and then, although I wouldn't go back to one on ddrt.

If you're looking for a mechanical srt device the bdb looks fantastic, I keep meaning to buy one. 

Do it you won’t regret. So much better than a hitch in my opinion.

My zigzag is just for ddrt nowadays too

6 minutes ago, Marksquirrell said:

Do it you won’t regret. So much better than a hitch in my opinion.

My zigzag is just for ddrt nowadays too

only thing putting me off is having to buy a different rope. It won't like my velocity, but it runs through my zig zag better than any other rope I've tried. If have to have an srt line and a ddrt line, which as a freelancer is yet more shit to cart about with me!

17 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Ive been experimenting with liros hitch cord and a pinto in hc setup rather than the zz in srt.If i leave the zz on im tempted to go ddrt up the tree.

Still easier to change over to ddrt with zz rw setup though

there's been plenty of occasions where I've initially climbed the tree ddrt and switched over to srt to work the canopy. I'm dire with a throwline so on reductions/ spready hardwoods it makes more sense for me.