Brexit impact

Logsnstuff

The likelihood of imported goods being more expensive, makes me wonder if insurance cover is going to rise. Also, there is likely to be an increase in the amount of gear theft. The latter would seem to be an ongoing escalation and will I feel only get worse.

While our exports may be better value to the purchaser. The same product made in the UK and sold here, is still likely to rise in cost, as raw materials of component parts, is also probably going to be more expensive to import.

The notion that VAT could be scrapped, is never going to happen. As the collected revenue is a sizeable sum, that no UK government could now afford to turn away. We're not the only country to have VAT.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brexit the impact? People have started to show their true colours on all sides. The reality is as I see it is the media, financial institutions, MPs, the general public are going 'mad' based on an Opinion Poll! If the Government decides to takes actions on that opinion poll then our response should be based on those actions, not on speculation which is what is happening now.

All I know is the setup I was going to buy my little girl this summer has gone up in price due to it being a us to uk import, the larger impact will only truly start to show once it all settles down (possibly way after the actual trigger and likely the next general election) but as for now my littlen has to wait for her harness which she's a little gutted about as am I.

#treelife #treeissues

Edited by MWArb

Back to Logs....

IMO it will surely have an impact on the imported stuff...

From Thursday nights- 1.3 to the quid and now at 1.2 that's gotta have an impact in a relatively low margin product?

I'm all for remain but i see this as positive.. (-: (I'm trying hard here...not to be in a grump!)

Where have you met these folk that didn't know what they were voting for?

I don't believe you.

you dont need to...:001_tt2: but they were lads I work with, and we had a discussion on various points such as exchange rates, cheap flights, etc etc. Things that actually could affect the "man on the coalface"

what do you make of this then:

According to @GoogleTrends, “What is the EU?” was the second top UK question on the EU since the #EURefResults were officially announced. The first was, “What does it mean to leave the EU?” Clearly millions of Britons voted with their hearts and not their heads. I’ll leave you to draw your own conclusions.

:001_rolleyes: I'll get me coat..

I was a remain voter and It's abit worrying. I'm on the RHI tariff and import about 15 containers from Europe a year as well. There's no reason why when all the negotiations start and everything is re-written they won't ask for their £950 million pound back that the away invested in the RHI scheme and scrap the whole system.

Not really worried about the exchange rate as I paid 1.26 in February and it went down to about 1.22 at its lowest on Friday, seemed like it was abit of a media storm in a tea cup.

If import tax/duty is put on wood then it would impact the price of imported wood. That in turn would mean more people would try and buy uk cord and drive up the prices on hardwood which are already reaching £80+vat a ton in South Wales for half tidy stuff!

But like everything nobody knows! We will wait and see what happens!

I think that RHI is a British government scheme not an EU one so hopefully it's safe.

I was only half watching the exchange rate on the news earlier but isn't the tourist rate not the commercial rate that's been affected most so far?

I may be wrong but I think it was a British government scheme backed with away money?

Edit: I was wrong, it comes directly from the treasury! Ignore my original post about the RHI payments [emoji23][emoji23]

but it was for meeting EU renewable targets that won't be necessary anymore

Xaltu if Gov doesn't honour the result I think you will see anarchy on the streets.