Stationary Rope Work Positioning (SRWP) Research Project

BenR

Human controlled tree climbing robot.

HCTCR about a decade away IMO.

Soon you'll wake up in your bedroom as usual, but simply stroll across the hall to your robotic control room module, harness yourself in, go online realtime, and get to work!

Numbers of destroyed robots will tell the tale of your skills, and appropriate hourly rate.

Remember I told you so first!

Jomoco

***** :lol::laugh1:

I climb on a hitch climber and rope wrench for access and work. Usually with a tip tie but a base anchor does have its uses for access but I'm worried about it being open to damage when working (from groundie and dropped material from climber)

We tend to pick a anchor with rope over it tie a running bolan with a ring on the rope to prevent rope to rope chaffing. On the tail of the bolan we hook a second climbing line via a crab for rope reteveal, this line can also be used for rescue access as long as the climber still has weight in the first rope. Once access is made the second line needs retiring or the reducer uses there nor all climbing line to conduct the rescue. I can get pics if this doesn't make sense :laugh1:

I would be interested in your survey but can't find it.

Just so that you know what the rest of the climbing community is talking about, the most commonly used know is a running bowline, not a bolan.

Also, you ask if your last sentence makes sense. Actually it makes no grammatical sense at all.

I'm not criticising, just suggesting that you read your writing before posting.

Just so that you know what the rest of the climbing community is talking about, the most commonly used know is a running bowline, not a bolan.

Also, you ask if your last sentence makes sense. Actually it makes no grammatical sense at all.

Bad nights sleep, Al?

Knot - surely? :001_tt2:

Intresting reading Ben. I've been using multi ascenders/descenders for quite a while and I always refer to it as SRT weather you use for access or work. Don't see the point of reinventing the wheel.

Rock Exotica are taking on the new Akimbo so maybe it could get CE approval. What if we leave Europe?

Intresting reading Ben. I've been using multi ascenders/descenders for quite a while and I always refer to it as SRT weather you use for access or work. Don't see the point of reinventing the wheel.

Rock Exotica are taking on the new Akimbo so maybe it could get CE approval. What if we leave Europe?

Im all for simplicity too but, what we do is a bit different to every other industry. I don't think its a reinvention because nothing has changed. What we need is clarification. It doesn't matter what you call it.. it could be multi cender technique for all I care. It is more important for everyone to be on the same page. For that same reason we have a latin name for something that is the same internationally and a local common name which varies from place to place.

Not too sure what would happen if we leave Europe, but I think thats for another thread