Your first time

chopperpete

I still love it when you turn up to dismantle a tree and the client goes "which way are you going to fell it?".

I reckon if I got real good at fence repairs, and building, I could flog my harness.

I view fencing, new shed builds and guttering repairs merely as add on sales...clumsy ole me...

Ty

One of the most memorable was slotting a 70 foot beech tree into a farmers field from a property that backed into the land. It was about 3 foot dbh and stood about 10'foot inside the garden.

The fence was being removed and there was a double gate in the fence line about 4-5 foot wide. NSo I opens the gate and slotted the tree through the gate posts. It didn't even roll on impact and make contact with the posts.

I only remember it because if the fence and gate weren't being ripped out then I wouldn't have dared try it. If I had I would have been paying for new fencing anyway.

There were builders on site as well.

The tree landed and I walked way like a Boss. ;)

Haha I did one like that on a site last year about 40 foot stone dead lleylandii on side of a pathway behind a gym, 6ft gap in the fence to get it through, climber wanted to strip it but as it was getting late in the day I just wanted it down so we could get done, typically site manager came out to watch too, got it bob on didn't even brush the fence, wouldn't of mattered if it had as it was coming out anyway but got me some serious kudos with the site manager and the other lads 😁

First time was with a husqvarna 140 the tree was a birch tree quite some size, fell it, cut it to 3 metre length, load it on the tractor wagon, cut them to 500mm length, split them, and store it. I was 12 year old and since that day I worked every day in my step dads forest till I was 18 and had to take a break from it due to military service for 15 months. Last thing I did before moving to scotland was to thin out young forest population in his forest, I miss it a lot. He have a lot of forest