Cobra Synthetic Cabling Merits?

jomoco

Lets re visit this when you can cite case law, chapter and verse to back this up.

Do you contend that branches over homes and structures should be supported by highly flammable tree support systems?

You think insurance companies on the hook are gonna be down with that mate?

Supporting trees with systems as flammable as fire starter logs?

You think CDF hotshot smoke jumpers'll thank the folks at Cobra for dripping fire on their heads?

Jomoco

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you contend that branches over homes and structures should be supported by highly flammable tree support systems?

You think insurance companies on the hook are gonna be down with that mate?

Supporting trees with systems as flammable as fire starter logs?

You think CDF hotshot smoke jumpers'll thank the folks at Cobra for dripping fire on their heads?

Jomoco

Earlier you made reference to the current situation in Canada, let me ask you this, do you think the people of that province give a shyte about the cobra when all they own is turning to charcoal?

WTF is a CDF smoke jumper, I don't think we have those in the UK

I can't imagine a CDF Smoke Jumper parachuting into the High Street to cut down a hedge so that the fire doesn't spread to the Cobra braced Oak that overhangs Aunt Ethel's garage. Lol!

I can imagine a Smoke Jumper landing in the wilderness, 100 miles from the nearest Cobra braced tree.

I wonder if this thread is loosing focus.

Hahaha!

Why ignore the world around you lads?

Does Cobra have some kinda disclaimer for usage in Australia, Canada or the US?

Why so bloody obtuse n myopic lads.

It's essentially arguing that fire's not an integral part of a tree's environment, regardless of whether it's a forest or suburban setting.

Jomoco

I can't imagine a CDF Smoke Jumper parachuting into the High Street to cut down a hedge so that the fire doesn't spread to the Cobra braced Oak that overhangs Aunt Ethel's garage. Lol!

I can imagine a Smoke Jumper landing in the wilderness, 100 miles from the nearest Cobra braced tree.

I wonder if this thread is loosing focus.

Hahaha!

That pretty much sums it up the subject of fire damage to cobra to me ... And as tree quip pointed out whilst your house and every thing else around you is turning to charcoal the cobra bracing catching fire really is not a concern!

Marks points are very valid the only thing maybe to worry about would be rodent damage to cobra but I've never seen that happen on any of the trees I've installed it on and some where in areas infested with tree rats, is there any reported cases of this happening ever ?

Well, I've learned that there's a sizable number of my colleagues who believe that fire's not a natural and reoccurring element of a tree's environment.

I respectfully disagree, and I seriously doubt the Insurance industry will buy into such a silly notion either.

Tree's haven't evolved to resist fires destructive forces eh?

Very interesting my friends.

Jomoco

What you say is very relevant to were you come from but not to the UK . Trees do burn here but mainly in the stove .

Do you think any UK insurance firm's gonna agree it's an acceptable risk to take Stubby ole friend?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/456652/Fire_Statistics_Great_Britain_2013-14___PDF_Version_.pdf

I kinda doubt it meself.

Jomoco

Edited by jomoco

Do you think any UK insurance firm's gonna agree it's an acceptable risk to take Stubby ole friend?

I kinda doubt it meself.

Jomoco

Never even considered it matey but....knowing insurance company's they would dodge a payout if there was any way they could . Not heard of any cases in this country , or any country to be honest .

Never even considered it matey but....knowing insurance company's they would dodge a payout if there was any way they could . Not heard of any cases in this country , or any country to be honest .

Do you think utility companies take fire resistance into consideration when choosing components for use in their installations?

How are we magically exempt from such common sense design requisites?

Jomoco