Secure tool chests

Ianwheeler28

i was told by someone 'in the know' that an acetylene torch is the tool of choice

A tree mans tool chest is generally full of things containing petrol, setting about that with a flame cutter can be a bad idea, not that the scrote cares but I wouldn't want to be asleep in the building if they did.

A tree mans tool chest is generally full of things containing petrol, setting about that with a flame cutter can be a bad idea, not that the scrote cares but I wouldn't want to be asleep in the building if they did.

It would make the identikit easier. No need to worry about eye brows and you could quickly narrow the rest down to the little section marked 'surprised expressions'. :biggrin:

nah, too noisy, acetylene torch is the way to go. They can cut away all night with those things and not wake you up

They need a lorry to carry the cylinders and pipework, sure you'd hear that pulling up on your drive at home.

I'm fairly confident that knowing the construction of our vault, it would only take a few minutes with an angle grinder to cut through the outer steel and the bolt of the lock underneath to open it.

On their own I no longer rate them, unless coupled with layer upon layer of other security measures.

They need a lorry to carry the cylinders and pipework, sure you'd hear that pulling up on your drive at home.

Well a full size set would be cumbersome but the bottles do come in small as well, google portapack for easily hand transportable sets.

On their own I no longer rate them, unless coupled with layer upon layer of other security measures.

I agree, I think the cash is better spent on the building itself and try and keep them out. Once in its game over.

Bob

Well a full size set would be cumbersome but the bottles do come in small as well, google portapack for easily hand transportable sets.

I have a Portapak, don't need to google it. Not something your average burglar carries about with them though.

I wonder if anyone will ever get robbed by someone who used this thread to find out the best way to break in to a tree mans tool safe? I'd never heard of the portable gas torch thing...

Maybe a big sticker saying "contains flammable liquid" would make them nervous? You could also attach some air bomb fireworks to the inside where you think someone is likely to cut, that'd probably blow molten metal in their faces!