STIHL battery saw

RC0

Good Morning Iveco...yep i see no reason why the 160 would ever require an additional fastener for the battery.Do you enjoy using yours as much as i do?

Morning Mr. ...can't believe I post a comment on here this morning and the Handle has just broke !!! Stupid flimsy idea .. pics will show the plastic that has broken off inside handle that stop the self tapper screw from pulling through ......gutted

20170107_103443.jpg.dbd2990d000ee5586b3ba67bbbdf89de.jpg

20170107_103433.jpg.245f22034ffd970cc3a43196879834d5.jpg

I think I have myself to blame to....accidently hung my saw on the tool carrier by the Handle!!! Dooòoooòr ffs

Ste

Edited by IVECOKID

If that's the only problem you've had in two years of use then that's forgivable....i climb and move about the tree with it attatched to my Caritool by the ring....between cuts its lowered smoothly and when chogging or dismantling i put the handle (Carefully) through the Caritool

If that's the only problem you've had in two years of use then that's forgivable....i climb and move about the tree with it attatched to my Caritool by the ring....between cuts its lowered smoothly and when chogging or dismantling i put the handle (Carefully) through the Caritool

Absolutely true ....can't fault the saw in anyway. Saturday morning in a Housing estate and not a soul knows I am out :thumbup:

Ste

Absolutely true ....can't fault the saw in anyway. Saturday morning in a Housing estate and not a soul knows I am out :thumbup:

Ste

No good for a bank job Ste, run in there waving that about and they will sit you down in the corner and call your parents. :)

Bob

I don't know how I missed this thread for so long. I reviewed a MS160 Aug 2015 for a company I was working for. If I hadn't not long brought a 193T I would have brought a battery saw.

Been trailing a Stihl MSA 160t. Very impressed I must say.

The battery (AP115) has lasted well and it was cutting ash and beech upto bar length of 12" weight wise it feels like the 193t I brought the other month. (Just looked at stats 3.5kg with battery)

It was nice not to wear ear defenders all day until we chipped the brash.

Looking at the sums (all approx)

£260 saw

£200 two batteries

£60 charger

£520 total so puts it around 201t price however your not paying out for fuel and 2 stroke which saves around £400pa so it almost pays for itself in a year, with the health benefit of no fumes

And I can knock out a small mushroom to test it ripping. Again did reasonably well

[ATTACH]187683[/ATTACH]