Porting a STIHL 150TC

arboriculturist

I'm thinking it would be an advantage in more gardening type stuff, Mrs. Miggins is where the money is, and de-limbing connies and such.

I've got 3 other toppers with 12" bars if I need them.

It's king for everything bar big dismantles.

Thing is you'll use it more than you think. I don't use the 540 unless I'm getting the 461 sent up after.

I was working along side a fella the other day telling me the 150 was King for various reasons , whilst I was in to 20meters of my hedge with a 540 and he had just got past 5m with his 150 I could not really agree.

Great saw for certain jobs for sure but no replacement for a full powered top handle.

The 150's a pruning saw so why port it ?

I get its a light saw and great in tree but why not just use a 540/200t/201t.Seems daft to me to horse a little saw through bigger wood than its meant to cut

Because a couple of customers asked me to, seemed rude not to:blushing::001_tongue:

Unfortunately I'm gonna be the idiot who has to ask... What is porting?

Modifying a two stroke engine so it has different running characteristics, generally more noise, more power and more torque. It can involve widening and reshaping ports, adjusting port timing, adjusting squish, opening up the muffler, making changes to ignition timing and a few other things.

Modifying a two stroke engine so it has different running characteristics, generally more noise, more power and more torque. It can involve widening and reshaping ports, adjusting port timing, adjusting squish, opening up the muffler, making changes to ignition timing and a few other things.

Ah ok, very interesting. So, if for instance I had my MS461 ported, would it pull a longer bar?

One thing though, will this not stress other components and reduce the lifespan of the saw?

Ah ok, very interesting. So, if for instance I had my MS461 ported, would it pull a longer bar?

One thing though, will this not stress other components and reduce the lifespan of the saw?

I would suggest that the lifespan of the saw would be increased as the power is increased and the saw would spend far less time bogging/bogged down, when stress levels rise at those parameters. Wouldn't advocate a larger bar though, others views may vary.