The saw you love....

stihlmadasever

There is 1 saw that for me is like the VW Golf ...had them too :big grin:

For me out of all the saws iv had or have it is all the saw I need...Husqvarna 254 xp

The usual stuff about design ..age and vibe is not in my mind with this one , the same as there were always folks who said there were faster and better handling cars than a Golf.:001_smile:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 254xp was my first Husqvarna purchase, and what a saw! Holy smokes, that air injection filtering really works!

However the same couldn't be said about the NordFeller attachment that came with my 254!

Ran off cylinder compression through an attachable line to fill an expanding wedge bag that would supposedly push the tree over when placed behind the saw in the felling cut.

Piece of junk, attached to a fantastic lightweight midsize saw.

Jomoco

First post after lurking for a while. I have an old Stihl 029 which has never had a plug changed, starts on the second pull and has worked for 15 odd years without a problem. It is built like a brick outhouse and is my all-time favourite.

But this is my new love. I just added a little engine to a Silky!

59767089bff6e_theboys.jpg.561bcc1b5300eb1101a8cdfd95ea3734.jpg

First post after lurking for a while. I have an old Stihl 029 which has never had a plug changed, starts on the second pull and has worked for 15 odd years without a problem. It is built like a brick outhouse and is my all-time favourite.

But this is my new love. I just added a little engine to a Silky!

What little echo is that?.looks like a great little pruning saw

Tis the brand new Echo CS 2510 TES fitted with a 10" Tsumura solid tip carving bar.

It is truly superb, has absolutely no electriky auto thingamajigs, and cuts like a dream.

It weighs absolutely nothing...oh allright, 3.2Kgs!

3.2kgs...thats about the same weight as my zubat and sawpod..!

If be very interested to hear your opinions on the echo as an everyday saw

Had a good few saws over the years but I have a real soft spot for my 262xp. Bought it a month before my son was born and he is 25 now. God knows how much I've cut with it but I replaced the piston and pot a couple of years ago and haven't managed to get it to fire since so it's been left in a box in bits since then.

My favourite is my husky 372xp Its had a real hard life done loads of work been dropped from a telehandler bucket, thrown onto a concrete path in anger and I just replaced the broken bits and it's away cutting again good as the first day I had it.