Throw line techniques

Thesnarlingbadger

I would like to add, I practiced for a couple of hours Sunday morning and low and behold I have improved. However my shoulder feels like a truck has hit it, hopefully it won't take 2 hours to hit the mark next time I need to use one.

Thanks for all the advice it is greatly appreciated.

That's a dreadful waste of a Sunday morning.

That time is in our calendars to be used as productive hangover recovery.

Whilst lying on the sofa wishing you were dead it takes 2 minutes to order a BigShot online.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a dreadful waste of a Sunday morning.

That time is in our calendars to be used as productive hangover recovery.

Whilst lying on the sofa wishing you were dead it takes 2 minutes to order a BigShot online.

Haha I wish I had hangover Sunday time but it's not an option with the little one, who make sure we are all up at 6am and gets us out by 9. Hangovers and children do not mix. So let her run off some steam and used the time productively.

In the US when hiking I have had to hoist my food sack into the trees to avoid bear predation.I thought no problem I have done this before at work. Add in that the guidelines say over 8M(25ft); 100M from your campsite and no trailing cord that the bear can pull on. Immediately suitable branches are hard to find and when you do succeed you are not as tall as you think you are and cannot reach the cord. Yes there is every chance the throw bag comes back and hits you in the face; and worst of all you cannot easily find the tree your precious food bag is in the next morning. I have shared Snicker bars with squirrels as the bear bagging does not defeat them.

In the US when hiking I have had to hoist my food sack into the trees to avoid bear predation.I thought no problem I have done this before at work. Add in that the guidelines say over 8M(25ft); 100M from your campsite and no trailing cord that the bear can pull on. Immediately suitable branches are hard to find and when you do succeed you are not as tall as you think you are and cannot reach the cord. Yes there is every chance the throw bag comes back and hits you in the face; and worst of all you cannot easily find the tree your precious food bag is in the next morning. I have shared Snicker bars with squirrels as the bear bagging does not defeat them.

I'd say use a metal container of some sort to stop the squirrels achieving their goal. As for finding it the next morning paint it a bright colour (it'll help a little I'm sure).

Not sure how the throw line can hit you in the face if I'm honest but we may be talking about different throw lines.

• 5 months later...