What do people pay?

ChrisPlumpton

The problem lies in this industry is that there are too many aeroplane pilots wanting too much kicking the arse out of the industry. They never realise that they are quiet because they want to much.

Got to ask whats an "aeroplane pilot"??:confused1: and if they are quiet how can they have such a large effect on the industry :confused1:

IMO, those who charge too little are the problem, if you think about it the less people charge, the less there is to go round.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to ask whats an "aeroplane pilot"??:confused1: and if they are quiet how can they have such a large effect on the industry :confused1:

IMO, those who charge too little are the problem, if you think about it the less people charge, the less there is to go round.

I meant asin people thinking above their stations.

Groundies are usually 70-100 a day

There are loads of lads out there wanting 110-130 a day. Prices are regional. Around here its over the top for just a brash dragger and chipper lad.

When was the last time you used a subbie/freelance?

Your lads an apprentice was/is and is also on the books. Subbie pay different

I meant asin people thinking above their stations.

Groundies are usually 70-100 a day

There are loads of lads out there wanting 110-130 a day. Prices are regional. Around here its over the top for just a brash dragger and chipper lad.

When was the last time you used a subbie/freelance?

Your lads an apprentice was/is and is also on the books. Subbie pay different

Ah, with you now :thumbup1:

Yes, there are people who think they are worth a fortune, when in reality there are plenty of other lads queuing up to do a better job for less. Its funny the best lads I've had in the past were always the least greedy and the rubbish ones always wanted more.

Not used a subbie for a while, used Peter a few times in the past.

Ah, with you now :thumbup1:

Yes, there are people who think they are worth a fortune, when in reality there are plenty of other lads queuing up to do a better job for less. Its funny the best lads I've had in the past were always the least greedy and the rubbish ones always wanted more.

My same findings now.

Its hard work finding the right person / staff

Hey I'm an American looking for work over seas. Id be wiling to work for 80 a day. Hit me up if you'd like to see my cover letter, resume, and refrences

You are probably going to need to come to the UK to complete UK standard chainsaw competences, most employers will require some form of proof of competence in place. If you are going to rely on US qualifications be ready to provide employers with evidence of what level the award transfers at but the simple fact is that the UK likes UK standards so you will probably have some training and assessment costs

Don't forget you will also need a work visa

Don't know why I read this but i did.

Arb wages always astound me. Seems you should be paid more. And important to remember that you set your own wages. No body else.

I work as a self employed carpenter/ builder mostly. For this I charge between 160 and 200 for day work. When pricing jobs I can earn more or less depending how they go.

I also do around 4 days contract milling a month and for this charge around £360 a day. This bumps my wages up nicely.

Lately I've been working for a family friend on mates rates fir 17£ per hour or 135 a day also had little milling work this last month. And to be honest I'm feeling the pinch.

I'm good at what I do. Very experienced and totally tooled up. So when talking of an inexperienced grounder wanting more than 100 a day I won't comment. But when experienced arbs think that 150 for an experienced climber etc is too much, I despair. ALSO seen several adverts on here lately for lead climbers wanted In places like Oxford and London for £10 per hour? I assume these ads are jokes as I don't want to get out of bed for a tenner.

Not trying to sound arrogant or anything but tenner per hour for lead climber. What's going on.

agreed, personally I think arb wages stink, £60 a day for dragging brash is a joke considering what Tesco pay for shelf stackers who wouldn't know what a sweat looked like, and climber get little more for doing an incredibly dangerous job...at height!

You get what you pay for, why do you think most good climbers go on their own, either starting their own Co, or becoming a subbie.

agreed, personally I think arb wages stink, £60 a day for dragging brash is a joke considering what Tesco pay for shelf stackers who wouldn't know what a sweat looked like, and climber get little more for doing an incredibly dangerous job...at height!

Have you a link to Tescotalk???:confused1::sneaky2: