Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

ive got one of these, so far i love it over the ms150 ( though that chain is a cleaner cut).

noticed it started running like it was badly out of tune. Then i remembered i had read on here that the air filter needs a air line clean to keep it good. quick clean and its running great again.

Ill be honest ikeep meaning to read the whole of this thread, not random posts days apart lol.

what i did have yesterday though was one of the guys started it up and it was screaming away, chain racing very fast with out the throttle on.

took the rear off and couldnt understand why. then noticed a spring just sitting inside, to the left of the carb.

after a while the only thing i could figure it was was a spring to keep constant pressure on the idle adjuster. Once i screwed the idle down it was fine again.

anybody else had this happen

the saw has been recalled ! haha

It's optional though, they are not going to come round and snatch it off you if you want to keep it :confused1:

i thought that, though after speaking to the guy at radmore he said its now a factory recall because the saws are deemed unsafe to use...

i don't know what would happen if you refused to cooperate, who would be at fault should something happen??

1/4 drive sprocket came through today, speedy service as ever from chainsaw bars :001_smile:

getting the standard sprocket off of the 280 is an absolute bastard. you can get hold of a special tool to do it, or you can use a 12mm spanner. ill attach a pic

i thought that, though after speaking to the guy at radmore he said its now a factory recall because the saws are deemed unsafe to use...

i don't know what would happen if you refused to cooperate, who would be at fault should something happen??

There will be no warranty with the 2510 once the 2511 is released.

It is optional whether to hand back your 2510 but all risk will lie at your door.

well, seems we in NZ don't get quite the same deal. We get the following;

1. Hand back the 2510 and get the 2511 as a replacement when it is released in December.

2. Take the 260 TES and $100 refund.

3. Hand back the 2510 and get a full refund.

I'm taking option 1.

I guess that they've run out of the 280's because we've got them all!

Using mine for first time properly today. Did a bit with it yesterday and wasn't that impressed but seems to be loosening up a bit now, just levitated about a foot off the ground to give it a workout taking out a conifer hedge and it's cutting quite well now