Double line pull

AndyO

Hi guys,

We have an alpine with farmi 351 skidding winch. We have done plenty re-directs etc but have never needed a double line pull (touch wood). No doubt the day will come when we do and that's why I'm curious where you anchor the end of your rope. Does anyone anchor their line back to the winch? Thought about using the bottom pulley as an attachment point. Any suggestions, can't find anything on the search function.

Cheers

A very valid point raised recently about my Tajfun winch, but I actually had appropriate eyes incorporated into the Kubota's own winch mount for doubling back it's recovery winch and would work perfectly for the Tajfun if required too.

The Tajfun has a removable towing eye but only rated at 750kg, so of little use.

I did think of having something appropriate fitted.

Eddie.

I think most have already taken it as read that if a suitable tree or other machine etc were available then that would be used, but if you simply want to double back to the winch there's none I've seen that provide a suitable attachment point?

The idea of using a a chain or sling around the butt plate is a perfect solution, but I did wonder if simply a slot in the butt plate that allows attachment back to the tractor pick-up hitch may be a real world solution?

Most double line pull situations would only turn messy once people decide to start chaining the front of the winch tractor to trees or more equipment, as the simple fact is if it's not moving it without resorting to such actions probably time for a rethink?

Eddie.