Inclement weather & giving in!

simonm

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Almost called it day yesterday due to wind in cornwall, but managed to get a multi stem elm onto the deck. We dont stop for rain here, have gore tex trousers , boots and a cut n climb so always dry and toasty even if its be raining all day!

We have had a run of dry weather here of late.I don't mind the rain and it rarely affects our jobs however we have a very cold wind blowing through the hills since yesterday and this item is essential.nothing worse than bleeding lips👎👎👎

yes, I hate it when Mrs Egg gets in from the cold blustery wind and wants to give me a kiss.

I don't use a scale but I know when not to bother starting the job when I know we won't get it done, it will end up costing more money than being worth turning out in poor weather and / or will make more mess of the garden than it is worth.

This 'winter' has been excessively windy and wet but we have managed to get some work done in between. The excessively wet days were followed by a week of people saying their gardens were too wet, or even under water, to work in and I would agree. Wind has delayed us with some MEWP work but its not worth risking life for getting a tree done, it will be there afterwards - or on the ground needing clearing up :lol:

Being the boss, I don't do getting totally soaked through and ending up with a cold for nobody but some times when its partly a naff day we will work.

Another consideration is that when I have my subby groundie booked for a day or mores work then I worry that if I cancel its money not going in his pocket and therefore putting dinner on their table is much harder.

Its a shame many other companies we work for don't see it the same way when they suddenly postpone work, their employees are fine on their salary, it doesnt matter if they work or not that day and they rarely understand there are people at the end of the phone waiting on pay day!

Still, weathers improving all the time at the moment, days are getting longer, here's to spring

Its been absolutely crap weather here for a good while now! Still working through it though, don't want to get behind!

Last 2 days have been near constant rain and still got the jobs that needed doing done, cleaning up is harder but no big deal.

Supposed to get better back end of week so great :D