what logs have you been chopping today!

william petts

Was flat out doing logs 3 days this week 30 cube from arb waste on estate I work for then 10.5 cube for own customers on Thursday. Mostly ash oak syc but had to move processor to another stack on Thursday as the London plane was like iron and processor wouldn't split anything but the smallest diameter material over 10" long (15t pressure) and all the orders were for 18" which normally only take about 20 mins per cube. Had to get done as hernia op from morn and now laid up watching narcos and tryin not to panic about not working for s few weeks☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

We're starting to cut a bit more now as orders are picking up. Had some fun yesterday with a rare bit of softwood. With 15-18ich diameter wood I was doing 10cube+ an hour of 9inch on my own although you could hear the little tractor struggling occasionally.

Unfortunately we only sell a few tons of softwood a year so it's back to hardwood now with 2 of us doing the work.

[ame]

[/ame]
  • Like 1

I like this. Don't get me wrong, I love big machines and the efficiencies they bring but this example of a straight forward low impact woodland work is so appealing.

Cheers, I love it down in the woods. Its a weekend hobby outside of my normal job. Some pictures here if you haven't seen the thread before.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/picture-forum/57561-my-private-weekend-playground.html

We're starting to cut a bit more now as orders are picking up. Had some fun yesterday with a rare bit of softwood. With 15-18ich diameter wood I was doing 10cube+ an hour of 9inch on my own although you could hear the little tractor struggling occasionally.

Unfortunately we only sell a few tons of softwood a year so it's back to hardwood now with 2 of us doing the work.

What's the most cube you done in a day with this machine?? And 10 cube plus an hour is some serious output!

What's the most cube you done in a day with this machine?? And 10 cube plus an hour is some serious output!

We normally cut hardwood so it's much slower unless you do long stuff. Most of our sales are 9inch hardwood and that averages about 4-5 cube an hour.

By the time we've moved boxes around and done other stuff we rarely do a full day cutting so it's normally 20 cube a day. On the rare times we hire out the processor and cut non stop we've done 20-30 tons in an 8 hour day.

Getting back on with logs I've had piled up sine the start of the year, just want it out of the way now, as for processing with me dalen2054 I haven't used it in like 3weeks as haven't has the wood to put through it, literally been all 2ft rings I've got to split!!

Any chance of putting a video of your dalen working, William, I would rather watch a real machine working than a promotional vid

They seem good value

Cheers Frank

Any chance of putting a video of your dalen working, William, I would rather watch a real machine working than a promotional vid

They seem good value

Cheers Frank

Course i can! I think i do have a bid on this thread somewhere but ill do another one soon, been splitting a pile of big rounds that I've piled up and didn't want to do but must be cleared so haven't been using my dale. But next time I do I'll put a video up fur you buddy!

Blimin heck!

That is fantastic productivity. Does large hardwood work as well on the 12 way cutter or do you end up with more kindling?