Moving from 339+357xp to MS201T+362C-M

RichardDesmond

Have a play with it first on a 20" and see if you still want to sell it :)

Joe. It's exceptionally rare that I cut wood that thick. Tree felling is part time, for customers of my gardening business. I bet it'll cut amazingly well. I've never even used a 70cc saw! The 357xp is actually the biggest saw I have used, once Spud has been at it, it'll be the most powerful saw I have used:001_cool: (Hope it doesn't seem disappointing after the MS441).

Really, no room and no use for a saw that big. I'll leave full-timers to enjoy that saw...:thumbup:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I an see you sitting on his shoulder Joe with your flaming trident and your horns poking out ! :biggrin:

You know full well that life is too short to use rubbish saws, Andy!

Joe. It's exceptionally rare that I cut wood that thick. Tree felling is part time, for customers of my gardening business. I bet it'll cut amazingly well. I've never even used a 70cc saw! The 357xp is actually the biggest saw I have used, once Spud has been at it, it'll be the most powerful saw I have used:001_cool: (Hope it doesn't seem disappointing after the MS441).

Really, no room and no use for a saw that big. I'll leave full-timers to enjoy that saw...:thumbup:

Fair enough mate. A ported 357 is a great saw. It'll pull an 18" well. On a 15" on an 8 pin it's mental.

I use the Husky on a 15" for fun whilst felling or snedding. The 441 gets used for chogging or ringing medium timber, up to 36".

I've always found it better to keep hold of decent kit, unless you really need the money.

You know full well that life is too short to use rubbish saws, Andy!

Fair enough mate. A ported 357 is a great saw. It'll pull an 18" well. On a 15" on an 8 pin it's mental.

I use the Husky on a 15" for fun whilst felling or snedding. The 441 gets used for chogging or ringing medium timber, up to 36".

I've always found it better to keep hold of decent kit, unless you really need the money.

Spot on reply.

I'm really perplexed, that no one rates the ms 362 I've had one for about 2 years and it's my favourite saw . I have not had one issue with it. Also have a ms460 a great saw but love my 362, must have got a good one.

I think you only hear when people have a problem with a product, there's thousands out there that work fine. Thinking of buying one when the newer lighter version hits shelves

I think you only hear when people have a problem with a product, there's thousands out there that work fine. Thinking of buying one when the newer lighter version hits shelves

Problem is, there are enough complaints about the MS 362 to suggest that there are quality control issues.

I have a multitool from Stihl. The bar on one of the attachments arrived fixed in at the wrong angle. I noticed straight away, 2 screws later, I had it straightened up. Point is, I reckon they were supposed to be assembled in jigs. Assembler couldn't give a toss. 2 weeks later I noticed the chainsaw head wasn't cutting more than an inch of wood. Took it back dealer, he opened it up, clutch was assembled backwards....

Considering the premium paid for Stihl gear that is very poor...

On a side note, after endlessly watching tree felling, climbing and chainsaw videos over the last 2 weeks, whilst awaiting new gear and my gardening season, (I have CS30+31 Small Trees) I'm considering going back to my trainer to study either Fell & Process Trees over 380mm (5 days), or Basic Tree climbing and Aerial Rescue. Any thoughts?

Having spent 5 years learning to climb in my late 30' and early 40's, I love height and have surprisingly little fear, but plenty of respect. I'm 46 this year, but am still lean, fit and strong (so my missus says... ;-) ) I actually do climb fairly often when removing trees for customers, because there usually isn't enough room to fell, so I limb and top the trees and bring them down that way. Would love to learn a bit about rigging and proper techniques for harness use and top handles..

Kev Birchall is my instructor.

Thanks,

Nik

Edited by RichardDesmond