Moving from 339+357xp to MS201T+362C-M

RichardDesmond

I might have an option at my dealer for buying a more expensive Stihl saw (i.e. more expensive than the MS362). Any suggestions on a bigger bullet-proof Stihl? I won't keep it, but it may have a decent resale value if it is a known good saw.

Reason for the possible upgrade is that the Supplier is adamant that I can only have what was ordered via my funding, BUT if I am spending more than what was on the original order, I don't think they will have a problem with it.

Definitely getting the MS201T c-m.

They had only one saw bigger than the 362 in stock, but I don't remember what it was...:confused1:

Ms461

Great saw from what I've heard. 20-25" bar no problem

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 441 & 461 are fantastic work horses & a nice step up from the 357 when you need it

Honestly. I couldn't see me needing either. I just don't cut big wood, not qualified to do so. Spud is going to port my 357xp, so I really think that'll have enough grunt for me. I just don't want to be left holding a brand new MS 362, given that they seem to have a dubious rep.

If you see me up here in 2-4 weeks offering up a new saw (MS362 or 441 or 461) for a bit less than the shop price, it won't be stolen, it'll be my saw.:001_cool:

Guys. I just got a bit of good news from my supplier. They agreed to allow me to 'upgrade' my order, replacing the MS362 c-m with an MS441 (non-Mtronic version), as they had one in stock. I'm getting it for the same price as the MS362 c-m.

I gather that this is a somewhat more reliable saw. I still won't be keeping it, as it is too big for my needs, but I'm sure it'll make someone happy as a 'New, slightly discounted' big saw...:happybanana:

Guys. I just got a bit of good news from my supplier. They agreed to allow me to 'upgrade' my order, replacing the MS362 c-m with an MS441 (non-Mtronic version), as they had one in stock. I'm getting it for the same price as the MS362 c-m.

I gather that this is a somewhat more reliable saw. I still won't be keeping it, as it is too big for my needs, but I'm sure it'll make someone happy as a 'New, slightly discounted' big saw...:happybanana:

Good saw, I own one. Lovely on a 20" bar.

You can't have too many saws!

Well done, that'l run a 20" really well & probably fine with 25"

Very good price you got it if the same as a 362

Good saw, I own one. Lovely on a 20" bar.

You can't have too many saws!

Agreed, Ive just been 'Echo'd' by a friend who has four of them

N

Edited by NFG

Thanks. Yeah. A bit shocked when I looked up the list price...

I saw a used one for sale in Wexford here in Ireland a few minutes ago. I think that guy was a little optimistic.

I think for a Pro, the fact that it isn't an Mtronic will probably appeal. Just waiting for the second half of payment to go through for these saws and the MS441 will be on this site for sale. I might cut a few logs first, whilst Spud ports my 357xp...

I appreciate that you guys have helped me avoid purchasing a lemon ;-)

I saw a used one for sale in Wexford here in Ireland a few minutes ago. I think that guy was a little optimistic.

I think for a Pro, the fact that it isn't an Mtronic will probably appeal. Just waiting for the second half of payment to go through for these saws and the MS441 will be on this site for sale. I might cut a few logs first, whilst Spud ports my 357xp...

An actual lemon would probably be more reliable :biggrin:

Have a play with it first on a 20" and see if you still want to sell it :)