What should I replace my Hakki Pilki with?

gensetsteve

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 2x is a great machine im sure, if all your timber is 10" diameter or below

Only about a third of the cord I get in is below 10". That is part of the problem.

The cord around 8" in diameter I cut into 1200mm lenghts and leave for a year in the sun. This processes out nice and dry.

Around 10" and over still too wet after two years so I cut 1200 lenghts into billets and leave to season which happens very quickly.

Now if I had a bigger machine I could process 60% of my cord but most of it would be too wet so would have to season in a heap and pick it up for delivery.

Murphy Brothers: BGU Firewood & Timber Processing Machinery are the main dealers here in ireland. The main agricultural show in ireland is on for the next 3 days over here and they have a stand there. I am working at the show for the week and plan on calling to their stand for some info for myself. let me know if you want me to get any prices for you.

Ever considered a repo binderburger 450

:listen: Look on the website of Kingston Asset Finance and click on the "for sale" tab. You will find one of these and also a repo Posch 3200 with log deck.

Mind the rush everyone!

I spoke to them today to sound out a price on both machines. They are looking for offers in excess of £20k for each machine. Seems pricey but then I'm not sure how much they are new.

The repo man there told me that both machines were bought with the aid of grants by fraudsters who trousered the grant money and did a runner. I suppose they were lucky to get the machines back!

Neither machine has done a stroke of work apart from chop a few demo logs

I thought they looked in good condition, that explains it then. Think the Binderberger is about £28k. Too much imo, especially when both of the ones I saw working were no faster than my 1x37 and they both had welded up splitting knives and were under 6 months old

Probably because they are poking 16 ton onto a knife designed for a 5 ton machine