What is this video worth?

OllyB

Could you not get him to credit you on the video and on the webpage?

That should be good for your reputation.

That would be useless.

People would still go to company for work not you as a climber.

This is a business wanting to buy the video to show off their company, nobody else

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much work do you get from the company? If it were me and I was getting a lot of work for them i'd just give it them for free. If its just the odd day here and there, I don't think the £100 mentioned is far out of the way

Could you not get him to credit you on the video and on the webpage?

That should be good for your reputation.

:thumbup1::thumbup1:

That would be useless.

People would still go to company for work not you as a climber.

This is a business wanting to buy the video to show off their company, nobody else

Yes, because other tree firms never look at their competitors sites :001_rolleyes:

Maybe, but he will likely prefer his prospective customers think that his business has all in house staff and doesnt rely on subbies to get jobs done.

True, but if you get a name locally as a subbie, the other Co's will know your not on the books, I think a small consideration (the £100 mentioned) and a credit on the vid would be fair :001_smile:, IMO.

Exactly.

A little good will goes a long way. It's why I'm not tight with firewood on harvesting sites. If folk are prepared to tidy up the head of the tree that's fallen into the field, they can have all the firewood. Mutual back scratching is how the best business is done and I fear that if you insist on payment for the video, he might not offer you any more work.

Very true and a year ago he could of had it for free, but things have happened in that time. And mutual back scratching will only happen if he will ever scratch mine.

Don't know how to take a second quote, so the rest will maybe not be so well constructed. As far as reputation I live in Cumbria where everybody already knows everybody or has as least heard of them i seem to be able to get plenty of freelance work, but i do my own jobs that's where reputation counts for me so allowing him to use the video is totally backwards i guess.

I wouldn't worry about it, you've got a good video of yourself at work. Let him use it

It's nice tidy work though.

He is the best man i have ever had on the end of a rigging line, which is why i keep on going back, also the crack is quite good.

you should defiantly sell it to him , I know how much time goes into editing and wouldn't consider giving away that time for free. Companies will always make money off a climber, the last thing you need to do is give away something you worked hard on

how long did it take you to make ? i'd say 200 bro.

Not sure how long it took to make was a while ago now, my vids usually take 4-8hrs to make depending on complexity, how much raw footage there is and how much i turned camera on and off through the day. I was thinking the 100-200 mark although it will not be an exchange of money more of a trade but its good to have a mark to start the discussions.