The world before the Internet.

Mick Dempsey

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's another thing, Internet dating, 10 years ago it was embarrassing now it's totally ok.

It was a very serial thing to do Mick..Bit of a eye opener i can tell you. Rural living sort of pushed me in that direction along with thousands more . As you say ..its very normal now.

Since I sell my products around the world staying connected and meeting my customers needs has been easier than pre internet and cell phone days. I could go back to a simpler time and will be forced to once the net collapses. Fortunately I can remember how to still conduct business by phone and mail if need be. For a lot of other people left wondering what has happened, there lives as they remember it will be in store for a C change for sure.

easy-lift guy

Interesting one Mick, I have seven kids and rightly or wrongly never denied them mobile phones or access to the internet from an early age.For my sins I have had to witness many a tear amongst the kids from on line bitching or bullying , I dont doubt for one minute they have not done the same to others or worse. My brother on the other hand has not allowed it and I think its for the better, my nephews and nieces may not be very street savvy or worldly but have not had to endure all the aggravation and crap of being part of the social media circus.

For me the computers on in the background while I tinker in the workshop or bimble around the house, I dont have any interest in television which is just as well because I am not allowed or brave enough to lay a finger on the tv`s remote. The Ipad is my favourite toy which allows me to sort emails , on line purchases ( Ebay :) ) and find suppliers while on the move, also the occasional sneaky peek on here :) We managed fine without all this before so I suppose its all unnecessary really.

Bob

Unnecessary or not it's here, and until the breakdown of society, you know Mad Max stylee,

its here to stay.

I guess we're all still coming to terms with it.

Ps I'm glad you're honest enough to realise your kids are as likely to be sinners as sinned against, an all too rare commodity amongst parents.

Interesting one Mick, I have seven kids and rightly or wrongly never denied them mobile phones or access to the internet from an early age.For my sins I have had to witness many a tear amongst the kids from on line bitching or bullying , I dont doubt for one minute they have not done the same to others or worse. My brother on the other hand has not allowed it and I think its for the better, my nephews and nieces may not be very street savvy or worldly but have not had to endure all the aggravation and crap of being part of the social media circus.

For me the computers on in the background while I tinker in the workshop or bimble around the house, I dont have any interest in television which is just as well because I am not allowed or brave enough to lay a finger on the tv`s remote. The Ipad is my favourite toy which allows me to sort emails , on line purchases ( Ebay :) ) and find suppliers while on the move, also the occasional sneaky peek on here :) We managed fine without all this before so I suppose its all unnecessary really.

Bob

Bob I think your kids have been introduced to the world of phycological warfare by electronic technology while never leaving the comfort of home. Like you said for rightly or wrongly only time will tell how kids will grow and mature from a mental and physical state. I would be curious how your brothers children will progress say in the next 5 or 10 years compared to your own children?

easy-lift guy