Am i right for thinking this way?

dangerous brian

some of the firms down here simply quote work that cheaply because they need to fill the diary , in the last 18 months i have seen 5 or 6 new firms set up and 4 of them are all fighting over the same work , personally if a firm wishes to work for free then good luck to them . as for the bigger firm having more kit , down here the big firms dont have any of the kit the anyone like MR Ed has , down here the "big" firms think they are going somewhere when they get more than one truck and chipper !!!! it really is totally different down here to any where elts i have ever worked in the country !!!!!

Agree!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the quotes I have seen for jobs have been ridiculous latey, btw I dont ask about who else has quoted it is only when the customer is trying to get a better deal and show me the lowest figure. We have dropped our prices already so I dont drop them any lower atm. Tbh some of the prices you wouldnt make a wage on never mind paying for overheads, profit etc.

Good move to walk away, they might come back to you (has happened to us a few times) when the cheaper quote realises they cant do it!

Agree whole-heartedly. I priced a job up last week felling a very big ugly conifer, bt lines, houses, summer houses, limited drop zone..........nightmare. I put £1000 + vat on it, I lost the job to a quote of £395. I just can't compete with that and I wouldn't want to either.

Good call my friend, your prices are very very competetive anyway!! I always take the attitude that some jobs you (we) as pros are never going to get.

You were right to walk away dude..

With the big boys, you have to remember that they are fitting in several jobs a day with a few different crews, so they can cut the margins.....

Good point i have got a job today and was cheaper than 2 others main reason was only a half day job and have another half day job on the next street so will make more than a days money without any problemo:thumbup: