Tony Martin, again!

TimberCutterDartmoor

I agree with you but it is the law that you cannot shoot someone in such a premeditated manner and that is the way the jury saw it.

It would be fine to make a human "rat trap" in a premeditated way. A sort of cage that they are lured into by a stack of shiny tools, and when they pick up the tools the doors close behind them and locks them in

Then you could have some fun as long as you did not physically harm them!

I agree that as the law stands you can't shoot someone in a premeditated way and the prosecution were able to convince the jury in this case.

The question is how do you define 'Premeditated'? Is the fact that you've already decided to protect yourself enough to prove that the act is premeditated, if that's the case then anyone who defends themselves could be said to act in a premeditated manner. One of the most basic human instincts is self preservation, are to to be held accountable for acting on what is an inherent instinct.

Is it not the right of everyone to act in a premeditated way to protect themselves from a premeditated act, in this case burglery? it seems in this case that in the eyes of the law the answer is no, in other words your destiny is in the hands of the law makers, forces of law and order, courts and the criminals.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the trick is, if you've laid a trap of sorts and caught a rat. You don't then call the powers that be; so they can gang up on you. Putting your neck in the noose and effectively pulling the lever all by yourself.

More importantly, don't go round telling anybody who will listen that you are planning to do it. I have every sympathy with anybody who is the victim of theft, especially a concerted campaign like that at the level which provoked the Tony Martin incident, but announcing your own plans to break the law at a more serious level is a real schoolboy error. :001_rolleyes:

More importantly, don't go round telling anybody who will listen that you are planning to do it. I have every sympathy with anybody who is the victim of theft, especially a concerted campaign like that at the level which provoked the Tony Martin incident, but announcing your own plans to break the law at a more serious level is a real schoolboy error. :001_rolleyes:

I quite agree.

Tony Martin is a victim not a hero. What he did was quite wrong, and he was foolish how he went about it too. Of course desperate people often do foolish things, he has my sympathy but not my admiration.

I read it was an air rifle that the police recovered from his house, didn't say whether it was one that required FAC or not. Also read in same article that he was a millionaire.

I don't think it matters if a FAC was required, he was sentenced to more than three years imprisonment, which in turns means he can never be in possession of a firearm or explosive, including fireworks IIRC.

I read it was an air rifle that the police recovered from his house, didn't say whether it was one that required FAC or not. Also read in same article that he was a millionaire.

Drawing down farm subsidies by virtue of land owned rather than actually farming - but hey, that's a whole other issue.

What grips me with the (as reported) scenario is that the maggots that lead a life of crime, anarchy, disregard for society are so quick to draw the very same comfort blanket of societal rules and regulations over themselves when one of their victims bites back.

Shot in the front, shot in the back, all the same to me, one less cockroach leaching an existence from the society they so readily crap on.

If I were to meet the surviving crim or the victim, I know which one I'd sit down with.

By all means live your own life by your own virtues, but if that means ignoring the basic rules of humanity / society, don't expect to come crawling back for the protection and security of the society you've chosen to live outside and certainly don't expect sympathy when your day goes bad.

Fantastic to see that crime levels have declined sufficiently and habitual criminals have been re-educated successfully which gives the police plenty of time to root around in peoples houses looking for illegal weapons, watch out inner city drug dealers your days are numbered.