Alpine tractor - which make ?

tcfengineering

17 minutes ago, arbwork said:

check there may be a small t shaped tap that can be used to lock the hydraulic arms at the back on ? right hand side of rear axle,  

I think you are referring to number 6?

Ive had that apart completely (it was siezed). Doent matter where i set it, it makes no difference.

Im wondering if its the rams? When i put them back on, i had to compress them. Couldnt do it by hand, so had to use a press, though it took no real pressure to do so.

No number 6 is to do with the accumulator pressure adjustment. It could well be number 5 the 3 way valve, if this is in the wrong position you won’t get any movement in the arms. 
if you take the pipe off valve 8 do the arms drop? (You will get oil everywhere) if they still don’t drop there is a shut off valve somewhere or the 3 way valve is in the wrong position.

valve 9 and 6 (possibly a flow restrictor) are to set the pressure in the accumulator. This will allow the linkage to bounce slightly when loaded so it rides better  (when the 3 way(?) valve number 5 is in the correct position)

4 minutes ago, doobin said:

Have you found, freed and tested the knob that controls the rate of linkage drop? This will stop it descending.  

Yes. Thats numder 6. Had it all to pieces. Its free to move and adjust.

I havent even attempted to use the lift system since i put it all back together. The rams are still full of air rather than oil. It didnt drop even with the ram pipes disconnected. But every single part has been off, freed up, lubricated, greased etc.

42 minutes ago, Will C said:

No number 6 is to do with the accumulator pressure adjustment. It could well be number 5 the 3 way valve, if this is in the wrong position you won’t get any movement in the arms. 
if you take the pipe off valve 8 do the arms drop? (You will get oil everywhere) if they still don’t drop there is a shut off valve somewhere or the 3 way valve is in the wrong position.

valve 9 and 6 (possibly a flow restrictor) are to set the pressure in the accumulator. This will allow the linkage to bounce slightly when loaded so it rides better  (when the 3 way(?) valve number 5 is in the correct position)

Thanks. Ive treied the valve in both positions to no effect.

Does what you are saying mean the rams work entirely independantly of each other? so you can lift with or without the accumalator in circuit?

2 hours ago, Roger440 said:

Thanks. Ive treied the valve in both positions to no effect.

Does what you are saying mean the rams work entirely independantly of each other? so you can lift with or without the accumalator in circuit?

I would of expected them to work together and the pipe to split after valve 5 but it could be one internal lift ram and an assist or ram on the outside in which case they could be independent, with out having the tractor to hand it’s impossible to say. It could be money well spent to get your local hydraulic place to spend a hour or 2 with you, they will make sense of it in no time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Canal Navvy said:

There is a test report on the tigrone 7700 out there that mentions a mechanical transport lock 🔒 🤔

If there isn't oil in the rams, logic suggests a mechanical lock. I'm not familiar with Alpine tractors, but I have seen mechanical locks before.