Are we actually living in 'The Age of Stupid'?

SteveA

I dunno, we seem to be pretty good at turning December into t-shirt weather and getting early blooms of daffodils.... even with the odd bluebell starting to show leaves!

....but actually, yeah, if I'm honest with myself things will probably get much worse & spiral out of control.

cheers, Steve

I'm sceptical about climate change as they can't even get tomorrow's weather right!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. What we did a few years ago was swap common sense for Management, management becoming a job all on its own.

What I'm trying (badly) to explain is, we've breed a rake of folk that manage jobs/schemes that they don't know anything, or very little about.

Clear as mud.:001_rolleyes:

Hi eggs I like mate thanks Jon

No. What we did a few years ago was swap common sense for Management, management becoming a job all on its own.

What I'm trying (badly) to explain is, we've breed a rake of folk that manage jobs/schemes that they don't know anything, or very little about.

Clear as mud.:001_rolleyes:

There is no doubt that "management" has become the most lethal parasite to industry/ organisation in recent years.

Definitely, in my 20+ years of working, thickness is on the increase, being in horticulture I started out in an industry that was laden with those unfortunate to have mental health etc issues. I'd rather work with them than the average teenager that is leaving education now.

They qualify at school allegedly better than I ever did. They think they are cool, clever and got it all Sussed. I reckon many of them probably cannot wipe their backsides effectively. Though I've never investigated.

It is weird. Ancient civilisations got stuff wrong, but if you could bring ancient Romans, Egyptians , Vikings etc back they would be flabbergasted to see our technology and the muppets that float around in the same society.

Not just the young ones, it's incredible how many of my age or older have survived.

I have an issue with the use of the term "climate denier". It's an all-encompassing and derogatory term, used to label those who question what some (not all) scientists are saying - an off-the-bat ad hominem, in a way. Nobody doubts climate exists, let alone the fact climate is changing. Debate is over what is the main cause.

Here's a good video.

[ame]

[/ame]

Age of stupid? No. Perhaps an age of critique (thanks to the internet allowing the free-flow of information in its current form). Why should we accept scientific 'fact' with the same religiosity as religion once (and in places still does) gave humanity? Science is almost becoming a religion in itself, or perhaps it already is.

Another video on climate change and how it is open to corruption.

[ame]

[/ame]

My view? Not sure either way. I consider pollution and habitat destruction more pertinent issues. Climate change is a mere distraction from real issues. Climate has shifted far more dramatically in the last 12,000 years that it is doing today, thanks to Greenland ice core samples being analysed.

Edited by Kveldssanger

I have an issue with the use of the term "climate denier". It's an all-encompassing and derogatory term, used to label those who question what some (not all) scientists are saying - an off-the-bat ad hominem, in a way. Nobody doubts climate exists, let alone the fact climate is changing. Debate is over what is the main cause.

Here's a good video.

Age of stupid? No. Perhaps an age of critique (thanks to the internet allowing the free-flow of information in its current form). Why should we accept scientific 'fact' with the same religiosity as religion once (and in places still does) gave humanity? Science is almost becoming a religion in itself, or perhaps it already is.

Another video on climate change and how it is open to corruption.

My view? Not sure either way. I consider pollution and habitat destruction more pertinent issues. Climate change is a mere distraction from real issues. Climate has shifted far more dramatically in the last 12,000 years that it is doing today, thanks to Greenland ice core samples being analysed.

A well balanced post Imo.