Interlink Express

Brooklandsbob

Anyone had problems with Interlink Express ? I had a major issue with these substandard arseholes. Ordered a new saw for a specific job, Interlink emailed me the delivery date and time and having delivered some consumables the previous week with no problem I thought " great".

I booked two subies for the following day and got home in plenty of time to meet the delivery driver...just before the allotted time I saw the Interlink Express van pull out of a turning just up the road, then speed off past my place without a second glance...I ran out to see if he was looking for my house, but no sign of him. 5 mins later I got a text to say that the was no one to sign for the delivery, along with a picture of some random house about a mile away.

Driver had my Mobile and house phone nos, but made no attempt to call and there was no way to contact the Delivery co direct.

On discussion with my other half she recalled that Interlink Express had done this to me before with urgent equipment deliveries.

Needless to say it turned into an expensive saw by the time I'd lost an afternoon and then paid two guys for the lost working day.

one day it would be nice to have some recourse for that kind of treatment.:thumbdown:

5 mins later I got a text to say that the was no one to sign for the delivery, along with a picture of some random house about a mile away.:thumbdown:

I had this a couple of weeks ago but just after firing off a snotty message to the seller asking him if he was aware how they treat his customers the driver appeared with the parcel!

I asked him what was going on and he fully admitted that the 'no-one at home' txt was done by him to make it look like he'd tried to deliver inside the 1-hour delivery slot and hence he didn't acquire a failed delivery.

The seller took the matter up with thecompany the next day and I got a phone call from 'a supervisor' apologising and explaining that it had all happened due to new software that the drivers were struggling with! She seemed unaware that the driver had put his hands up to me the previous day which suited me as I didn't want to land him in it; the poor guy's just trying to pay the bills while under the cosh from ridiculous management practices.

The DPD driver who has been doing our area went in the ditch the other day, I asked him why he was in such a hurry but I felt ashamed of my potholes when i found out how few minutes he had to get each delivery done, he did have the decency to complement me on a "professional" recovery.

My last delivery via interlink went from Sydenham to Middlesborough then to me in Norwich. Annoying thing was the inter link bloke on the phone actually laughed when he discovered it was in Middlesborough. Then to two further days to be delivered. Not great customer service:thumbdown:

Interlink and Parcelforce have been fine with me but had one Interlink delivery to Ireland go bad in a big way but they use a third party partner in Southern Ireland.

I think all are good and bad, the drivers have no time to find places and once you have used them once or twice, are generally good and polite guys!

Years ago I did some agency driving for parcel force. Got given a Merc Sprintef and a load of parcels. Took the list of addresses and off I went. After trying my hardest to deliver them all I returned to the depot with about half of the parcels, thinking I'd done a crap job and they would never hire me again. When I handed my delivery totals in they told me that most agency drivers managed to deliver about 12%-18% of their parcels and that I'd done really well!

I don't envy anyone doing that job.