Getting work

Bird

The climber/arborist uses his kit if this helps......I really am avoiding talking to dad as I want to do this myself without always going to him...independence is a massive thing to me even though it might seem hypocritical me turning to you guys for help and I'm very grateful for your help!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bird, write down on a bit of paper how much it costs you to go and do a day tree work, insurance, fuel, wages etc. Add it up and you will be shocked. You say you have PL insurance, does this cover you for tree work? Chains as etc? If you are employing someone as you say you are then you need employers liability insurance, it's the law. Maybe talk to your dad about how you run a business as it sounds like your heading for trouble.

The climber/arborist uses his kit if this helps......I really am avoiding talking to dad as I want to do this myself without always going to him...independence is a massive thing to me even though it might seem hypocritical me turning to you guys for help and I'm very grateful for your help!

, so, just to get this straight, how much does your climber earn a day?

Hi bird,do yourself a favour keep working for your dad,ive just read this whole thread and it sounds like your head is all over the place.Keep working for yourself part time,that way you can gain valuable experience and build up a good client base.

Getting a business up and running and in profit takes time and experience which by the sounds of things you have very little of both.

Im not being rude but your trying to sprint before you can crawl.Remember there are many other companies out there better equiped,more experienced and have a established quality reputation.

Money is not the everything you know

My PL does cover tree work and I didn't think I had to have employee insurance if he works for himself bit helps out on jobs

No he is under your instructions so you need El insurance.

Reading this makes me realise why this industry is FUBAR.

I didn't think I was being cheap but you have got me thinking I definitely need to increase price !! I just don't want someone who works for me to quit working for me as he thinks or knows I'm getting a better deal or cut from it!

Don't listen to this lot, you do what you thinks best, at least until you've got going..

At some point, when the times right you and your mate might think to go your separate ways who knows..

until then go fifty fifty on the profit...not the costs..

Maybe its just me, but I'd rather keep a friend than lose one over an extra five per cent..