The barsteward.

sean

So....you've moved into your penthouse in a new development overlooking the river. Oh golly gosh you cannot actually see the river because of that Norweigan Maple on the lawn outside. You go to the residents association and vote to approach the council for permission to get it felled...after all it effects others too. But the council say NO....how about having it reduced then? NO. Oh deary me now what? A week later somebody just happened to come into your gated estate and vandaled your tree....they stripped all the bark in the night.....the trees just going to die now and become dangerous!

I felled this tree yesterday! Certain people make me sick.

IMG_4131.jpg.0e107c18034f19e8734406b55c0a5981.jpg

IMG_4128.jpg.1f06264a66df98eec5ee35f12d274f16.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg.6b8437ceb11f829ce4146a88f6bb8e55.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Any chance of him being made to replace like for like?

Well although there is the main suspect there is absolutely no proof of course. The council should just have a whip round, raid all the coffers and plant a bloody great tree in exactly the same place and then camera it up.

this happens all day every day, i think tpo's are a waste of time. good honest folk want things done properly. folk who dont care do it anyway. was it a new developement? if so then the council have only themselves to blame for leaving the tree in the first place. when they get the plans of a block of flats looking over a scenic view, then the tree will be in the way. the last time i had this discussion with planners, there answer was simple.' once the flats are built it a different departments problem' i do not know the ins and outs of running a council but i do know how the real world works. later on in my little story, one of the trees blew down and crushed a house,garage and a shogun and the other had to be dismantled around a foundation of the other property. i do not agree with this practice one bit, but what will the fine be?if any. even if it is a few grand and a replacement tree, the guy with the 400k penthouse isnt going to loose any sleep over it, and if there is a replacement tree, then a slip with a set of b+q loppers will sort that out aswell