Chainsaw cut proof gloves

stihlmadasever

Fair enough. Have your employers ever used a saw?

Tell them to piss off and let you do your job.

Some days id love to joe however,my employers(local council)

say chainsaw gloves are PPE and as such must be worn.

The only option i see is to prove that chainsaw gloves offer no additional protection when operating a chainsaw.All the guys in the squad agree,my boss however is a different matter.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some days id love to joe however,my employers(local council)

say chainsaw gloves are PPE and as such must be worn.

The only option i see is to prove that chainsaw gloves offer no additional protection when operating a chainsaw.All the guys in the squad agree,my boss however is a different matter.

Pencil pushing office jockeys. Sod that. Don't prove that they add no extra protection, because I suppose they do. State that they increase the likelihood of an accident due to lack of dexterity and or grip.

You gotta think like them. They don't care either way. They are covering their arses. If you do the hard work for them and justify not using them, they should be okay.

Pencil pushing office jockeys. Sod that. Don't prove that they add no extra protection, because I suppose they do. State that they increase the likelihood of an accident due to lack of dexterity and or grip.

You gotta think like them. They don't care either way. They are covering their arses. If you do the hard work for them and justify not using them, they should be okay.

Pencil pushing office jockeys! Lol couldnt have put it better myself

Might be the way to go.cheers joe

Unfortunately those in charge ( your boss ) are under pressure through their position of responsibilty to do everything they can to avoid risks and the only guidance they follow is written text ,,FSC doc's etc etc and will just religiously follow these to cover them selves , for all the hypothetical "what if's " that never happen , it is just one of the unfortunate examples of the crap we have to deal with these days I am afraid , and often if you argue against it you are deemed to have a bad attitude to H&S which will not count in your favour ..... I never wear them !!!

Unfortunately those in charge ( your boss ) are under pressure through their position of responsibilty to do everything they can to avoid risks and the only guidance they follow is written text ,,FSC doc's etc etc and will just religiously follow these to cover them selves , for all the hypothetical "what if's " that never happen , it is just one of the unfortunate examples of the crap we have to deal with these days I am afraid , and often if you argue against it you are deemed to have a bad attitude to H&S which will not count in your favour ..... I never wear them !!!

I had a fair few "heated discussions" with my old h&s man,

I was told after re fuelling my saw I had to start it 5m away from the fuelling spot. I also discussed with him using a 660 36" 25ft up a lime and the best way to not twist the body when chogging down....he couldn't answer that 1