Chainsaw cut proof gloves

stihlmadasever

One Word...ARBORTEC see there range.simple answer to a nit so simple question.

Are the gloves better than the trousers..?

Seriously its not about what brand of chainsaw gloves its should employers force employees to wear them when they,in my opinion,dont provide any protection when using the chainsaw.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are the gloves better than the trousers..?

Seriously its not about what brand of chainsaw gloves its should employers force employees to wear them when they,in my opinion,dont provide any protection when using the chainsaw.

The trousers are fab...I wear all ARBORTEC gear and have a wide range of gloves...great fit,not stiff and come in different sizes...if you can't find any to suite your likes...then just don't wear any....again like most things it's personal preference....I do anything to give even minamal protection...could mean the difference between keeping a finger/hand or losing it.

The threads getting slightly derailed here,im not askin what gloves others wear or recommend i wear the question is Anyone think we NEED "chainsaw" gloves considering the safety features on modern chainsaws?

Cheers

No I don't think we need gloves to protect our hands from the chain coming off, the safety features of the modern saws have always worked for me, but as others have said wear suitable gloves for the job you are doing, occasionally no gloves are best.

The trousers are fab...I wear all ARBORTEC gear and have a wide range of gloves...great fit,not stiff and come in different sizes...if you can't find any to suite your likes...then just don't wear any....again like most things it's personal preference....I do anything to give even minamal protection...could mean the difference between keeping a finger/hand or losing it.

Would you wear it if it wasn't shiny Wayne? :biggrin:

Fwiw I find Arbortec make quality products.

@OP: I don't wear saw gloves, never have, nobody I know does either. AFAIK climbers are exempt in the tree. Ground workers "should" wear them, but most don't. As long as you justify it in the risk assessment (which we all do before pruning Mrs Jones' plum tree) then all is good.

The threads getting slightly derailed here,im not askin what gloves others wear or recommend i wear the question is Anyone think we NEED "chainsaw" gloves considering the safety features on modern chainsaws?

Cheers

I answered it in my post . :001_smile:

Would you wear it if it wasn't shiny Wayne? :biggrin:

Fwiw I find Arbortec make quality products.

@OP: I don't wear saw gloves, never have, nobody I know does either. AFAIK climbers are exempt in the tree. Ground workers "should" wear them, but most don't. As long as you justify it in the risk assessment (which we all do before pruning Mrs Jones' plum tree) then all is good.

Lime green and purple for me joe.....I did cover myself before the knockers came calling....I said it's a personal preference.